The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Garden 2021

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Got anything cool going this year? Share your harvest! Veggie garden, fruits, flower garden? (Or maybe for those in AZ, it’s just a rock garden). Either way, let’s see what you got.

We have a pretty small plot, but got a bumper crop of Swiss Chard this year, and I pickled 4 quarts of stems. Kale turned out to be a tasty treat for some critter. Cherry tomatoes are doing well.

You simply cut it in half lengthwise, de-seed it, slice into ~1/8" half-rings, and then fry with garlic and onions. It is an acquired taste, but once you acquire it ..... YUM!!!
@Graybeard57 did you end up trying some?

We have had a bunch of ghosts (Chad should try one!) and a load of scotch bonnets already, but I am waiting for this bad boy to ripen up…
View attachment 59262
Nice. I don’t know if this is a pro tip, but a chef once told me to tie your hottest pepper on a string(with a small washer as a counter weight)and seep it when cooking soups and stews. Don’t cut or leave in loose. I think it works well on two levels. Balances the heat better throughout the dish and doesn’t shock the palate because it is removed before serving. I am talking about peppers very high on the heat scale. Also, I have found this method works well when cooking for a broader audience that doesn’t necessarily appreciate the burn.

Back