The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Chaos Thread

So I have one of those doorbell cameras with my security system and I have to say it really comes in handy. But lately I have had a bit of an issue. It glows green when not triggered by movement and glows red when activated. At night there is a gecko (I think he is a Mediterranean House Gecko) that is drawn to the light and the bugs that are attracted to it. It crawls all over the doorbell camera all through the night triggering the camera. For each trigger...I receive (as well as my wife) a notification on my phone that tells us that something is at the door. No biggie...I just turn off notifications at night. But then I have to delete a bunch of video clips every morning. Seriously, last night...the camera was triggered more than 30 times.

b535b51b3ed50cb80c66ca1794c8e35e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have one of those doorbell cameras with my security system and I have to say it really comes in handy. But lately I have had a bit of an issue. It glows green when not triggered by movement and glows red when activated. At night there is a gecko (I think he is a Mediterranean House Gecko) that is drawn to the light and the bugs that are attracted to it. It crawls all over the doorbell camera all through the night triggering the camera. For each trigger...I receive (as well as my wife) a notification on my phone that tells us that something is at the door. No biggie...I just turn off notifications at night. But then I have to delete a bunch of video clips every morning. Seriously, last night...the camera was triggered more than 30 times.

:oops:

Don I can change the display color on my doorbell camera. Maybe you can too.

Back