The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Awesome Anti 2020 TSC "S Word" Thread

And that's not even what this thread is about! I guess we were just boring you before, huh?
I wasn't bored, I just wasn't going to taunt poor Dave. He's trying very hard to do something, frankly, I haven't been able to do (actually 2 something's... I've never 3017'ed any soap other than a can of Barbasol).

That said, it certainly got me thinking about what I am looking to buy.

But, when that was posted... I really had to see if more details were possible.

They sell Keto gummi bears that are very tasty.
Those seem pretty expensive. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I don't really eat treats anyway. And if your tracking total carbs (vice net carbs), those are a killer! 😲

Little bit of a surprise but I will say everyone will want it.

The voice of Confidence, nice!!
Just curious, was anyone a little let down with the previous Cadre anniversary stuff? I for one still absolutely love my brush!!! (Green + shockwood + cashmere knot= WOWZA)

The voice of Confidence, nice!!
Just curious, was anyone a little let down with the previous Cadre anniversary stuff? I for one still absolutely love my brush!!! (Green + shockwood + cashmere knot= WOWZA)
I can't imagine. The brushes were amazing and there were SO many extras unexpectedly that it was AWESOME.............now this year we'll expect it 😜

I can't imagine. The brushes were amazing and there were SO many extras unexpectedly that it was AWESOME.............now this year we'll expect it 😜
I can't imagine anyone not liking it either unless they wished they would've chose a different knot. I really liked the badger look the best, but decided to trust KJ about the cashmere. So glad I did! Thanks @Spider!!

I can't imagine anyone not liking it either unless they wished they would've chose a different knot. I really liked the badger look the best, but decided to trust KJ about the cashmere. So glad I did! Thanks @Spider!!
I would have preferred a badger but I'll never get another envy shave one after mine that wouldn't quit shedding and they never responded to Eric or my emails. Went with a timberwolf need t and is great.

Glad my advice worked for someone..... redemption!!!!!

It makes me sad seeing those poor folks posting about not buying anything shaving related in 2020 (and the posting all their exceptions)

Here's for you that embrace adding to your den and feeding the economy. Reveling in what is new to you and anxiously awaiting that box outside your door. What shaving related items are you hoping to buy in 2020?

Personally here is what I hope to acquire this year:
1-2 brushes. At least one by a hobby producer.
2-4 fraqs. Hoping at least one more Imaginary Authors, one Tom Ford and there's a chance for Zoologist
I'm hoping Storybook Soapworks will come out with a new soap in my wheelhouse.
I could see getting 1 DE and 1 SE razor hopefully getting rid of one of each as they are acquired.
Spontaneous soap buys of at least two producers I don't have yet.
Likely more Stirling bath soap. I'm enjoying what I have from them.
YES!!! Unchecked consumption!! I’m in! 😁

No definite plans at the moment. I’m more of an impulse buy kind of guy. If I see something that interests me I’ll snap it up. I’ll likely be on the look out for more vintage Gillette adjustables.

Back