The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Welcome back, KJ! and remember ..... it's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in! ..... or should that go in Dad Jokes? :unsure:

Damn dude thats a lot. Glad you could make it to RenFest at least.

I think the pain you are feeling is Costochondritis which is the medical term for inflammation of the cartilage that joins your ribs to your breastbone (sternum). My wife gets this and it is very painful. She can get it from over working doing strenuous activities involving lifting, etc. It sounds so minor, but it's some serious pain and you think you have something way worse than that. Anyways, I hope you get better.

Reading your coughing accounts reminded me of when I got Whooping Cough. Mind you I'd gotten all the vaccines for it in school and college, but I somehow got it. The only way I could fall asleep was sitting up while sucking on a cough drop. Worse thing was, my doctor told me it was impossible for it to be that until he heard me have a coughing bout. I sure hope it gets easier for you KJ.

Thanks. We had a great time on the show!
It would be a blast to see you do more discussions like this in relation to different locations that you've visited.

Talking about graveyards, we lived very close to the New Mount Sinai Cemetery in Affton 2018-2022. During Covid, all of the parks were closed, but the cemeteries were not. We always felt a light and warm feeling when walking this land and never felt creeped our or nervous while there. I would walk the cemetery early in the morning when it was dark and never felt anything nefarious. So, as a family, we went for a walk there almost daily for about 2 years including taking Nathan with us a lot! He would run between the gravestones and would walk up to them saying he was reading the maps. At first, we were mortified to see him stepping on the graves and touching the stones, but then we took a different view. Imagine you were dead, would you hate a little boy kindly touching your gravestone? We civilized him a bit, but he still ran where he wanted. Granted this was the time when he started seeing the "black man" in our home, but I don't think he followed us home from the cemetery. The black man was a completely different experience, where for some time we felt a weight in our home. Nathan was terrified to be alone by himself because he said that the black man was always watching him. I never really felt anything uneasy myself, but it felt heavy. We tried not to ever ask about the black man or feed into it, but when we moved to our new home everything changed. Nathan said one day that the black man must have stayed in our other home because he didn't bother him anymore and we felt much more comfortable and light in this home and still do.

It would be a blast to see you do more discussions like this in relation to different locations that you've visited.
Well, you're in luck. Back when we first started, I did a few shave videos from the locations and talked about our experiences there. You can watch them here:

The black man was a completely different experience, where for some time we felt a weight in our home.
That's crazy! Glad it didn't follow you.

Well…. I Switched meds, and the cough subsided slowly, and rib pain lessened. I thought I was getting over everything.

A couple days ago, my ribs started hurting again in a different spot. Middle of the night last night, I cleared my throat and had excruciating pain in same area. Went to the ER again, and this time I have a fractured rib. I suspect it’s been fractured for a bit, but that last one just pushed it over the edge. Nothing they can do really…. 6-8 weeks to heal. Ugh!IMG_0197.jpegIMG_0198.jpeg

Back