The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Thank you Cadre! ~ Dilemma Resolved

Victory~Dale

Jr. Shave Member
Veteran
Thank you cadre for the great suggestions and based on your votes I have decided to release something new for my very last 1/2 batch of 11 tins. While I loved the suggestion from Les for the 442nd Infantry particularly their "Go for Broke" motto and their storied WWII history I wanted to stick with the WWII bomber theme. I then remembered a project that I had wanted to do, researched heavily and then simply memory vaulted. I will be making one last tribute soap and although I chose one specific bomber to memorialize this historical bombing raid it is meant as a tribute to all of the bombers and crews that participated in "Operation Tidal Wave" the mission objective was to knock out 1/3 of Hitler's oil production in Ploesti Romania via a low level daylight bombing raid that promised to shorten the war the pilots and crew were briefed that even if no one returned alive if they were able to destroy the oil production that it would cripple Nazi Germany and significantly shorten the war their returning was a secondary objective. The bomber and crew that stood out to me that epitomizes the devotion to duty, the sheer guts, will, and selfless sacrifice in their attempt to complete their mission was a B-24 called "Hell's Wench" 93rd Bomb Group, 328 Bomb Squadron. Depending on what Latin translator I used I got a few variations of their group motto "Ferite Pro Libertate" but the translation I liked the most was "Strike for Freedom". I have posted some additional links for you WWII history buffs if you would like to read some more regarding "Operation Tidal Wave" in the meantime I have attached the soap label for your viewing pleasure. On a B24's fuselage there is a red panel with white letters that says fire extinguisher I changed it up a bit I am required by labeling laws to list what the product is and the qty hence the "4oz shaving soap" I decided to make the other placard as a subtle dig against Electric razors "Remain Clear Of Rotating Blades" Currently I'm contemplating a blend of Cherry Pipe Tobacco & Coffee still have some time so nothing in stone yet

Remember.... Returning is Secondary by Roy Grinnell

The Truth About Tidal Wave: What Went Wrong? by Mark Carlson

Medals of Honor during Operation Tidal Wave by Tara Ross

Attachments

• Hell's Wench.png
    Hell's Wench.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Can’t wait! What’s the scent going to be like on this one?

That sounds like a great scent. Any idea when it will be available for purchase? Will it go on your regular site or will it be available to members of The Cadre first?
Great question that is another dilemma but to answer your question I am heavily leaning towards offering this first and maybe even exclusively to members of the Cadre. I would like to make it as fair as possible for folks to get unfortunately with such a small release that isn't likely. I also think with such a small and limited release I might have to limit it to the purchase of one tin per member.

Great question that is another dilemma but to answer your question I am heavily leaning towards offering this first and maybe even exclusively to members of the Cadre. I would like to make it as fair as possible for folks to get unfortunately with such a small release that isn't likely. I also think with such a small and limited release I might have to limit it to the purchase of one tin per member.
That sounds great. I will keep an eye out for the release so that I can get one last victory soap.

Well I came with a very unscientific way to figure out who will have first rights of refusal on my very last 11 tins. I want these tins in the hands of people who are excited about this release so that means everyone who has commented on and or given a like as of today will have one reserved for them. Please note I will be pulling the last two tins to give away as gifts. The soap has been made and is curing the fragrance is a blend of the following: Cherry Pipe Tobacco, Cashmere, Cedar, Leather, Sandalwood and Coffee. With Soy wax I can never tell exactly what I'm going to end up with scent wise until after it has cured for at least a few days but my initial impression is that coffee is the predominant scent followed by sweet tobacco with just a slight scent of cherry. Imo this is more of a seasonal scent I don't think it is particularly something I would necessarily want to shave with in the summer but I think it will be a pretty awesome fall/winter soap. I have also attached the Back label for your viewing pleasure. I am going to let this cure a little longer as I expect the soap to darken significantly as it cures and I will PM all of you when it's ready to go and available for purchase.

1. Spider
2. Scuttlesoap
3. Deep Sea
4 Shavin Yeti
5. Milkcrate (please pm to let me know as you may not want this soap as it may not be suitable for sensitive skin)
6. gvw755 (please pm to let me know as I know you were not overly keen on the Cherry Pipe tobacco-Coffee fragrance)
7. Majorrich
8. Mark Fritz
9. Mike Raina
10. (Gift)
11. (Gift)

Attachments

• HellswenchBL.png
    HellswenchBL.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Dale, I’m definitely in. Thanks! Can’t wait.

I'm honored and humbled to make your list!

Mark Fritz
Welcome to the Cadre! Please head to the Newbie & Welcome forum to introduce yourself.

Back