The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

synthetic knot recommendation

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
in search of a recommendation for a synthetic knot for a brush i have coming.
I have a tuxedo and a timber wolf and I really like them both. What else is out there and why do you like them?

My current favorite is the brown synth knot from Yaqi. Like the one in their Rainbow handle.

Ultra soft, splays wonderfully, still lathers like a beast.

I believe this is it:

My current favorite is the brown synth knot from Yaqi. Like the one in their Rainbow handle.

Ultra soft, splays wonderfully, still lathers like a beast.

I believe this is it:
Oh man it is out of stock.

AP Shave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke is my fave synth knot from them. Soft but not floppy. Again it all depends on how it’s set. But for me as set by them them in their blue lagoon handle...perfection.

DC23D305-A95E-4AD3-9F7F-16DF85DF4AB4.jpeg

Maggard Razors Shaving Brush Knot 26mm Black and White Synthetic

Firm but soft tips, as much as I hate plastic brushes, I do have two of these.

Maggard-Razors-26mm-Black-and-White-Synthetic-Knot-350x350.jpg

I really like the looks of the Yaqi pony brush but it is out of stock. Anyone else carry it? Or is there another brown knot?

I'm not sure whether the PAA Green Ray is the same knot...? I ended up giving mine away to my brother as he liked the look and feel. :)
It very well could be; it does look very similar to the Yaqi Rainbow and the brown knot. It even mentions horse knot-like in the description once you skim past all the extraneous descriptors lol.

Did you like it?
I prefer larger knots and only grabbed it since I already had the Atomic Rocket and loved the look. I believe it was marketed as 'teddy bear' hair so felt super soft and performed nicer than the 26mm plissoft. One look from my brother and it was gone so I moved on to bigger brushes but always wanted to try the Yaqi pony to compare the knots... :unsure:

Back