The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shaves: DEvette or the Un-Safety Razor

So I tried this stunt shave yesterday and got an ok shave, not BBS or DFS, but just OK. No cuts, so I count it as a win. I have never done a shave video and don't know how yo edit one.

Here is a tutorial for those that may want to try it but don't think they have a razor that will work. The issue most people have is that the handle is not threaded deep enough to allow it to tighten on the blade. All that is needed is a spacer that is approximately 1/4" or a little smaller. This could be an actual spacer, a short stack of small washers, or in my case a hex nut. The nut needs does not need to have the same threads as the handle it's just a spacer. This only works with razors that align the blade and top cap, if your razor aligns the blade with the base (ie. Game Changer) this method will not work.
20200328_124519.jpg
20200328_124526.jpg
20200328_124629.jpg
20200328_124805.jpg

Ok, I tried...i repeated the shave today, recorded it, edited it (kind of), created a YouTube account, uploaded video. Production quality is low and I get water and lather everywhere but here goes, lol...

Please let me know if you can view it.
Fenster Shaves with no base plate and bar soap.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried...i repeated the shave today, recorded it, edited it (kind of), created a YouTube account, uploaded video. Production quality is low and I get water and lather everywhere but here goes, lol...

Nice job man! Lack of a baseplate didn’t slow you down one lick! Took care of the alternative shave soap challenge too! Was that Dove?

Looks like we have another silent shaver like that @CBLindsay guy. Dude, you need to start a thread in the VLOG section and talk a little. You're a natural !! WELL DONE !!!

Nice job man! Lack of a baseplate didn’t slow you down one lick! Took care of the alternative shave soap challenge too! Was that Dove?
Thanks. Yes it was Dove. I believe it was NurseDave that said in his bar soap video that he had used bar soap often in the past, well I have that same history. I never cared for shaving cream or gel in a can, so I just used bar soap with my multi-blade cartridge for years. Even though that was 7-8 years ago, I was pretty confident with that part of it. As far as the no base plate, I just tried to focus and have a very light touch.

My wife hated my long goatee, but tolerated me, lol. This was just before Christmas, so it was probably an inch or so longer than this when I finally trimmed it.
20191227_192346.jpg

Last edited:
Back