The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shave: Hey, who turned the lights out (Blindfolded Shave)

Wow, not bad Dave! You actually seemed to do really well for most of the passes.

Conflicted as to if I should even attempt a pass or two with the Feather or just do DE all the way.

If I didn't have the goatee I'd give the SS a shot. I don't trust that I wouldn't take a chunk out of it though. My mom said her blind grandpa shaved with a straight so where there is a will, or no other option, there is a way.

Feather would be brave. Don't know if I would...... @NurseDave had a good idea of using a sleep mask if you have access to one.
If I didn't have the goatee I'd give the SS a shot. I don't trust that I wouldn't take a chunk out of it though. My mom said her blind grandpa shaved with a straight so where there is a will, or no other option, there is a way.
Yea, safety is a major concern...what am I saying? I must be turning into an adult.

You guys are crazy!
Yet, I spent my first 30 shaving years doing basically that with a cart in the shower. Might be doable for me with a mild easy shaver like a Rocket.

Vote before the Cadre:

Still considering a blindfolded 2 pass Feather SS shave. Would you all consider it cheating if I sped up the video?

I think slow care would be my only safety net if I did do it, very possibly meaning a longer than normal video...and it wouldn’t be worth doing if everyone stopped watching a quarter of the way through. I’m thinking at least 4x speed, maybe 8x, though at 8x there is a lot of loss of fluidity in action.

It might go faster than you think if you focused on the shave and less on talking😉.

Honestly 8x is probably a bit much and we like to actually see these happen in real time. At least I do. Just go normal speed. When you are known for long Videos anyway what's the harm?

Back