The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stuff from classicshaving

Since I am committing myself to SR shaving and getting pretty close to being a good SR shaver who can also hone his razors reasonably well, I thought I would open up my purse strings and indulge in some good showy pieces of steel which I have been eyeing for a while

The Classic shaving dot com order took some 18 business days to fulfil and two weeks later arrived at my door steps .

20220622_185600.jpg

Very nice! Those are some fantastic show pieces you have scored! I’m mostly a vintage razor user myself. I love to hunt for the old ones in great condition, but I do have a few nice modern ones too.

Have you ever considered a Koraat? Excellent build quality and exemplary service.

Very nice! Those are some fantastic show pieces you have scored! I’m mostly a vintage razor user myself. I love to hunt for the old ones in great condition, but I do have a few nice modern ones too.

Have you ever considered a Koraat? Excellent build quality and exemplary service.
I've read about koraats and many other Swedish / Japanese brands.

I want my honing and shaving to be second nature before I indulge and slip down the acquisition rabbit hole ;)

Those are both beautiful razors, I recently got a Dovo Bismarck just like the one you have. While the Bismarck is a good looking razor, I think the Bergischer Lowe is gorgeous.
I was eyeing these razors for quite a few years, but decided to deserve before I desire.

I am now at a stage where I can reasonably mantain them. The Bergischer Lowe truly is a looker, maintaining it will cause a sweaty forehead !

Bismarcks are great razors and i have a couple of them, with the fake mother of pearl plastic scales. They shave well, they look really good, are easy to maintain and hone, having no shoulder to annoy you. Overall they are money well spent.
What's the brush? i like the handle on that.

T

Bismarcks are great razors and i have a couple of them, with the fake mother of pearl plastic scales. They shave well, they look really good, are easy to maintain and hone, having no shoulder to annoy you. Overall they are money well spent.
What's the brush? i like the handle on that.

T
Its a Rearden stainless steel brush with 26mm silver tip. They have it on sale at classic shaving for $69 plus another 20% at checkout.

It weighs insane, must weigh a pound (a bit less but it's heavy). Plus it's cut raw from stainless steel, the edges are not polished off. But it has a wonderful raw charm to it

I’ve come around to the vintage side in the last few years. My critical interest lie with the pristine, mint condition which can be hard to find. I started off with new production models and for me I’m very okay with that. I later warmed up to the vintage and found some great pieces. I have my feet firmly planted in both camps. Just ask Mr Boker, Count Engelbert II.

Ahhh... it is so nice to see all the budding SR and long term SR users enabling each other! The Power of the Dark side is Strong

Now go out and Spread the Good News that is straight Razors.... Buy a Bunch too...

~Darth Razorous

Back