The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straightened some scales today

Gasman

Shave Member
These Horn scales were a wee bit warped! So I removed them from the blade and used a heat lamp and some time and straightened up things. Cleaned the blade up and repinned with original collars.

IMG_20211229_165529829.jpgIMG_20211229_180726842.jpgIMG_20211229_180946981_HDR.jpg

I also straightened up two more sets of scales and took a frown out of a blade. Now all the work is done in my to-do drawer besides honing. 7 blades ready for the stones. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

These Horn scales were a wee bit warped! So I removed them from the blade and used a heat lamp and some time and straightened up things. Cleaned the blade up and repinned with original collars.

View attachment 71719View attachment 71720View attachment 71721

I also straightened up two more sets of scales and took a frown out of a blade. Now all the work is done in my to-do drawer besides honing. 7 blades ready for the stones. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.
Nicely done! Lucky, still have 400 or so projects left in my to do drawer 😂

The blade looks really nice!

Funny how one scale can stay straight and the other get a serious bow in it. Looks good!

I just got some of that polish since Mike recommends it.

Back