The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirling Reaction

So far the only reaction I've had to a soap/cream is Taylor of Old Bond Street Cedarwood. I used it many times when I 1st started out. No problems then one day I felt it burn. Like a sunburn after I finished the 1st time. My skin was red and sore. Thought maybe it was me or the blade, next shave I used the same blade with Proraso Red and on issues. Then I went back to the Cedarwood for the next shave and Yeah lit me up. This time I immediately rinses it off and grabbed the Proraso. No other TOBS has done me that way, so it had to be the fragrance.

I tried the Island Man soap by Stirling recently & got a mild reaction to that too. I also tried Agar a few days ago & that didn't irritate my face, but I wasn't impressed with the scent or performance. I may be done with Stirling.

Sad to hear Dave. Stirling is good stuff. Plenty of other scents out there. I can give you some samples if you want.

Back