The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Statistic. Yes - No - How?

Bavaria Blade

Shave Member
I think it's great to keep shaving diaries like the ones published here.
I want to make a note of the shaving equipment used daily for 2024. So I created an Excel spreadsheet. Here I can open the groups for soap, knives, etc. and enter a 1 in the corresponding line. The number of uses are automatically added up so that they can be used in statistics. The initial weight of my soap inventory is also recorded, so I can say something about the total consumption at the end of the year.
How do you do this? Are you as crazy as me?

Screenshot 2023-12-31 164824.png

Probably not as involved as this but there is a phone app called "My shave Den" that functions well. I personally do not use any type of tracker or inventory,, I just shave, LOL

No. I have no interest in documenting my shaves like that. Partly, because I just have so many razors and soaps, some only get used once a year, if that. And I wish I had the time/effort to take a SOTD pic and post that, so I certainly don’t have the time/patience to update a sheet like that.

But I appreciate the effort you have put into it, and look forward to your updates here. Curious if you come up with any conclusions based on your data.

I use an app called Diaro which you can use through a website as well. I copy and paste my SOTD onto it and then use the tags feature to track which razor and blade I use in addition to year and type of razor it is. Used to do an annual summary of these but mostly use it to be able to find the last shave I had on a razor to see how many shaves are on the blade.

IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5445.jpeg

Back