The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Starting my Coti journey

Dagwoodz

TSC's Movie Star
Veteran
Legacy
Just picked this Coti up from Keith over at Tomonagura...I've never used a coti before, so not sure what to expect. I get good results off of the JNAT, so this isn't going to replace that. I might see if I can get some edges off of it then transition over to the coti for the mid-range work, using the JNAT as a finisher.

I have never used a JNat but from what I understand the slurry on a JNat tends to breakdown as it’s used so it’s like a progression of sorts. Between the various tomo’s and the slurry breakdown it sounds like the artistry is in the “slurry stone”. On a coticule the key lies in slow;y diluting the slurry to achieve a fine finish. Each stone has its own character and limits but with a little experience you can push those limits.
I’ll be interested in your thoughts.

Welcome to Coticulitis! Chris hit the nail After the heavy Slurry ( if you are setting a bevel ) it is just a drop or two of water dilution till plain water, rinse the stone, more laps till it sticks and butter smooth, or you can get crazy and black or trans ark the edge till it sticks, perfection, LOL

Gary Haywood has some great videos on both Dilucot and Unicot methods. As they say.... ?nce you go Coti, you never go back, LOL Have fun...and be patient, LOL

Back