The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Special Project available in store now!

Victory~Dale

Jr. Shave Member
Veteran
Back in August Barber Dave asked me if I would be interested in doing a special project on behalf of the Cadre with the goal of raising some money for a wonderful charity The Fisher House It was also requested that I include a little nod to The Cadre Enabler’s Club and incorporate the F4 Phantom Spooky Mascot. I also wanted it to be WWII themed and include another nod in appreciation of Dave and all of his help by including Hombre on the tin. A quick search revealed no bombers that I could find that ever used the word Hombre but when I typed in WWII Hombres it brought up the 90th Infantry Division whose Division Symbol was a big red T & 0 as the division was comprised mostly of men from Texas and Oklahoma who earned the nickname the Tough Ombre’s (Hombre’s). The Tin Art work came together rather quickly I was able to add Spooky wearing a WWII GI helmet with TSC written on the front and “CEC Was Here!” scrawled on the tin in a twist on the well known WWII Kilroy Was Here Things were going so smoothly and fast that I thought I would have it done in no time however while doing the tin art was relatively easy nailing down a fragrance turned out to be well lets just say anything but. However, I am pleased to report that I finally have a fragrance that I am satisfied with it is a tad on the light side on strength but it is very clean, refreshing and rather unique. The profile is (Black Cedar-Juniper-Fig Leaf-Lime). The price will be $14 per tin but please note that $2 of that will be donated to The Fisher House Provided it is received well by the Cadre and there is enough demand I will plan on making at least 5 batches of 21 tins maybe more. Each batch and each tin will be individually numbered. The first batch of 21 tins represents the 90th Infantry Division's first engagement in WWII D-Day 6 June 44 at Utah Beach and is available in store now!

Last edited:
Looking at the time you posted, we were on the zoom call when you announced this. Made me think, it'd be cool if you joined us on the next TSC zoom call to talk about this project!

Thanks again Dale and it was great working with you and taking the concept and idea I had to fruition with your vast knowlege. The discussions we a blast and thanks for including the Fisher House in the deal. It holds a special place for me

Order placed! The scent sounds interesting, can't wait to try this.

Definitely a good cause! Thank you Dale.

Back