The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 2024

6ftyDlL.jpg

Wolfman Guerrilla 2023 SB Bronze / Feather
Boti Enlightener 26mm 3-Band SHD Badger
Pre de Provence No. 63 Shave Soap
Fine Italian Citrus Classic After Shave Splash​

SOTD: 09/30/2024
IMG_6518.jpeg
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: AccuTech Pro, 28th use
Brush: Wald Calyx Peach A1 Fan
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash Aftershave
Balm: Ethos Bergamotto Skin Food Lotion
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Creed Original Vétiver EdP

- Spent a month with the Atelier Durdan Vestige. Great little razor, a nimble and perfectly aggressive GEM razor (sort of the Vector of GEM razors I dare say, or for you eggheads Vector:AC::Vestige:GEM). Also dedicated most of this month to the amazing soaps of Frank at Ethos. His splash/balm are typically in my post care daily regardless, but it was nice to use his soaps all month too

30 September, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Astro Traveler" shave soap & splash. Great autumnal scent with notes of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Spiced Orange Zest, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Saffron, Oakwood, Vetiver, and Tobacco. Fantastic lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Cu29" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with the matching aftershave splash and vintage Pierre Cardin "Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / WWBW / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Pierre Cardin

IMG_5568.jpg

EisYUaS.jpg

Tuesday Shave
RAZOR: RR Wunderbar Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise Stone Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: Moon Soaps "X-Mas '22" 26mm 2-Band Badger Fan
LATHER: Moon Soaps Amaretto Speciale Shaving Soap

Back