The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 13-19 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodwill 160 and 164, both with Charcoal handles, Treet Falcon blades, MDC. I prefer the Old Type based 164 in pretty much every respect, finding it both smoother and more efficient. Neither are efficiency monsters though, touch up dome pass with the Shake Sharp was productive.
ed405e6e913740547fd5836dbdb266f7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

17 Sept. 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Wanted to finish up the work week with an appreciation shave. Went with a couple of goodies I won in the appreciation thread drawing. The Victory Shaving Co. "Hell's Wench" smells wonderful. It's a cherry pipe tobacco scent with hints of vanilla. I also detect something of a dry cocoa powder or dark chocolate note in there as well. Maybe it's just some interplay between the cherry and vanilla notes. Whatever it is, it smells delicious and almost pushes the soap into gourmand territory. Also used the brush made from the beautiful @Knothead handle and Silk Smoke synth knot. Finished with a splash of ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash into which I added a couple of drops of the "Vanilla Safi" fragrance blend and a spray of YSL La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT. Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Victory Shaving Co. "Hell's Wench" Shave Soap / Knothead + Silk Smoke Synth / Tatara Masamune SS SB Razor / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash + Vanilla Safi Fragrance Blend / YSL La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-7204.jpg

Last edited:
Friday, September 17, 2021
Shaver: Focus Dynamic R48
Blade: Sharp Titanium
Preshave: Proraso Red
Soap: Proraso Red tub
Brush: Omega S Brush
Post shave: PAA alum block, Stirling unscented mentholated witch hazel, Proraso aftershave
View attachment 60983
Nothing like a Proraso Sandalwood shave! One of your vids popped up the other day - extolling the pleasures of the Muhle R41! Have a great day!

Sat 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Gents Gin
Another excellent soap! The scent is abit mild but nice! The lather is just nicely creamy and slick...
Today's shave with this razor was very good and enjoyable. It was very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues at all and the results are getting better...dfs+, some ccs/sas. Love the razor's feel & heft. Aftershaves were awesome as well!
20210918_170018.jpg

B1C928D8-CA31-4548-BEEC-1D5741C2DA26.png
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021

RAZOR: Lord 11/16 (Mug), FrankenFamex (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 with SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Ultimo Cologne, a favorite of bride #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back