The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 2024

11 October, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Not the best shave this morning. Was able to locate a couple of pucks of the old Burt's Bees "Bay Rum" shave soap from back in the day. I had used this in the past when I first began traditional wet shaving and thought the soap left quite a bit to be desired. Over the years I wondered if the soap was truly sub par or if the disappointing lather was the result of my inexperience. Used it today and yep, the soap is pretty bad. Great scent but with a thin, whispy lather which offered no cushion. However, the lather was slick enough to prevent today's shave from being a complete train wreck. Looks like it will be relegated to the sink for hand-washing duty. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Quinn's "Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind" witch hazel, followed by Barberry Coast "No.28 Bay Rum" aftershave splash and "Bay Rum" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Burt's Bees / WWBW / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Barberry Coast

IMG_5616.jpg

Ct4am6v.jpg

Monocero Husaria SS Closed Comb / Wizamet
Rudy Vey Beehive 20mm Silvertip Badger
D.R. Harris Windsor Shaving Soap
Fine Italian Citrus Classic After Shave Splash​

SOTD - 10/12/2024

House of Mammoth You and I Will Die
Chisel & Hound / House of Mammoth Uitwaaien Brush
Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw Evolution Bronze Special Edition

From the HOM website:

You & I (Will Die) is the latest perfume from House of Mammoth, an exploration of the fragile impermanence of humanity.

The perfume accomplishes an extraordinary balancing act between dark and light, opening with airy vegetation and water and gradually descending into dark earth before, impossibly, becoming light, fragile, and delicate. The timeline of the wear is like a pulse, a heartbeat, a vibration, a life.

Notes: aldehydes, weedy herbs, watery florals, jasmine grandiflorum, carrot seed, leather, smoke-tinged wood, Haitian vetiver, patchouli absolute, truffle, violet leaf, fragile musk.
IMG_1609.jpeg

SOTD: 10/12/2024
IMG_6615.jpeg
Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Copper Double Open Comb Ascension
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated “Lab Blues”, 2nd use
Brush: Wald Coppervein A1 Hybrid
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: The Holy Black Lust (Septem Pecatta Mortalia) Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash Aftershave
Balm: Ethos Unscented Skin Food Lotion
Fragrance: The Holy Black Dr Jeckyll EdT

12 October, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Late post. Busy day. But it started off great with a wonderful Shulton "Old Spice" shave. Fantastic old school scent and lather built with the Paladin "PK-47" 2-Band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with vintage Shulton "Old Spice" aftershave splash, talc and EdC

Hope you have a great day. :)

Shulton / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's

IMG_5622.jpg

Back