The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 2
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor & Blade Gillette New SC + Gillette Nacet Stainless
Really good lather from this soap and it is a very nice scent together with the matching splash.
An enjoyable shave with this vintage razor paired with an excellent blade...
20231002_102811.jpg

Tuesday SOTD
weAZu3X.jpg

Razor: Henson Ti22 +++
Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D2)
Brush: Semogue 2021 Spanish Shavers Boar Limited Edition
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Rainforest
Shave Soap: CRSW Select Vetiver
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

3 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Rough night last night. Didn't sleep well. Felt like I was waking up every half hour. So, a sluggish, bleary-eyed start to the day but a great shave and coffee helped. Returned to "P.160" from RazoRock. Great scent & lather built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Mamba 70 and I finished with RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" splash (closest splash scent-wise to original Floid Blue to my nose) and Lalique Pour Homme EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian Badger / RazoRock Mamba 70 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Lalique Pour Homme EdP

IMG-3262.jpg

SOTD - 10/3/2023

Hendrix Classics & Co. and Rich Man shaving Miami Nights
Razor by Rod George shave designs
Rich Man Shaving Brush with an F2 Innovator Knot

At the heart of this fragrance Pepper, Geranium, and Rose intertwine to create an experience that is simply divine. As the scent settles, the base notes arise, Vanilla and Tonka Bean unfold a sweet surprise. Texas Cedar and Sandalwood bring warmth and grace, Patchouli and Oakmoss, add an embracing depth. Together all of these elements combine to create a complete masterpiece!
IMG_8514.jpeg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Henson Ti22 +++
Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D3)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE 24mm Silvertip
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Hamada & Blue
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Rainforest
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougere Imperiale
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Cologne: Cerruti 1881

Wed 4
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor & Blade Gillette New LC & Gillette 7 O'clock SuperStainless
A very nice lather from this soap and together with the matching splash, it smells wonderful!
Enjoyed 3 silky smooth passes with this razor paired with the excellent blade...
20231004_132758.jpg

4 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their "Cosmo" soap and ASL. This scent always struck me as ideal for cooler weather. Yes, there is some citrus off the top, but it's intermingled with a warm, slightly sweet & spicy note. All this is playing over a foundation of warm, earthy, woody notes. Wonderful lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger for two passes (+ touch up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with the matching ASL & Dior "Sauvage" parfum.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes 26mm Manchurian Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" After Shave Lotion / Dior "Sauvage" Parfum

IMG-3273.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back