The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Geo. F. Trumper and their incredible "Spanish Leather" line. One of my favorite scents with notes of leather, rose, geranium, patchouli and musk. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching skin food and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

GFT "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Polsilver /
Alum / GFT "Spanish Leather" Skin Food / GFT "Spanish Leather" EdC

IMG-3400.jpg

@BarberDave my M&F, scored it in a trade for a NOS Geo Wostenholm, 5-6 years ago. It’s small, but mighty! The blonde badger on this one is exceptional!
IMG_0100.jpeg
C. V. Heljestrand MK31, Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger, Pannacrema Nuavia Nero Soap and aftershave balm.

This scent is perfect for a cold autumn morning. Simply excellent shave in all respects. I wish all of you, my brothers a wonderful day and best wishes,!

Last edited:

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Cerakoted Titanium Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D2)
Brush: Shavemac H4414024 Horn 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Rainforest
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Unum
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Spice Vitae

Tue 24 Idiot Shave Day
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor & Blade AC Razor + Feather Professional
My favorite soap & matching splash. Top quality lather and aromatic cigarish scent.
Was running late so chose this easy-peasy AC Razor, except...the blade was on the blunt side. HAH...meaning at the end of the shave nothing was removed...complete idiot! One of those mornings...at least I enjoyed the lather and splash!
20231024_125355.jpg

24 October 2023

IMG_2337.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Ti 68 Open Comb
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 4th use
Brush: Wald Goldvein A1 Fan
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Evil Cube Soap
Soap: Proraso Rinfrescante Cream
Aftershave: Aqua Velva (Williams) Fresh Control Loción Aftershave
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

24 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A great "Tabac Tuesday" shave this morning. Wonderful scent and excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching after shave lotion.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Tabac Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Polsilver /
Alum / Tabac After Shave Lotion

IMG-3405.jpg

SOTD - 10/24/2023 - All items from Portugal

WestMan Rastilho
Semogue Owners Club Boar
MASAMUNE NODACHI from Tatara Razors - (On loan from the Shave Dad Facebook Group - Thanks Jerry!)

YouTube review highlighting the razor will be posted later today.

FROM THE WESTMAN WEBSITE:
Pomegranate, Leather, Pink Pepper, Firewood accord, Incense, Myrrh, Plum, Birch tar

A bold and daring fragrance born from a sentimental and experimental endeavour. Rastilho creates an experience that embodies autumn and winter, braving the cold while indulging in the warmth of fireside moments.

First, a burst of Pomegranate and Plum whose wine-like sweetness blends with the sharp allure of Pink Pepper. This combination is like a spark that ignites the senses and sets the stage for the journey ahead.

An intriguing blend is revealed as the fragrance unfolds. A profound Leather base merges with a distinct note of Birch Tar and the Firewood accord, evoking a sense of rugged adventure. All the while, undertones of Incense and Myrrh add a layer of complexity.

Rastilho defies the norm. It's an attention-grabbing composition crafted to leave an indelible mark. It invites you on a unique olfactory journey that can trigger different reactions – love, hate, or a combination of both – but never indifference.34B0281A-6BC8-4C65-B233-1F3CAD955FD0.jpeg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Cerakoted Titanium Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D3)
Brush: Rooney 3/2 Super Silvertip
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Unscented
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougere Imperiale
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Penhaligon`s English Fern

WILLIAMS WEDNESDAY

DSC_7072.jpg

Wednesday Shave 10.25.23
RAZOR: Gillette ’46 Milord
BLADE: Gillette‌ Nacet
BRUSH: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
LATHER: Williams Mug Shaving Soap

Wed 25
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Titan ACRM-2
Superbly rich creamy and slick lather with a heavenly scent in combination with the matching splash...
This razor with an HBA edge was just received with thanks from an Aussie member...
20231025_140045.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back