The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 22-28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

“TSC’s Happy Hogan”
Veteran
22 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning. Went with Stirling's "Electric Sheep" shave soap. Fantastic lather but I can see why the scent can be a little polarizing. Definitely has that anti-mosquito - tiki torch vibe. Three passes with a DFS+ result and finished with a splash of Stetson after shave splash and a spray of the matching EdT. Great start to the week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Electric Sheep" Shave Soap / Frank Shaving Silvertip / Tatara Masamune SB Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stetson "After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Stetson EdC

IMG-7761.jpg

Monday, November 22
Wkfbq7U.jpg

Fine L'Orange Noir~~Simpson MC~~2011 Mühle R41/Personna Super~~Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Have a great day!

Monday AM 2021-11-22
National Go for a Ride Day
vLFOKT1.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I woke up this morning with existential dread - that I'll soon begin hearing 'The Little Drummer Boy' on the radio.
cK5XT4W.jpg

83839EFF-66C9-4A8C-898F-BA80FB811B27.jpeg
Had a Western version of a Japanese shave today:
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Tallow + Steel Shikoku (Japan by way of Canada)
Lather: Bowl lather
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Rawhide Standard Ceramic
Razor: Tatara Muramasa (Japan by way of Portugal)
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (8)

The only authentically Japanese part of my shave was the soundtrack: “November Steps” by Toru Takemitsu. Things get pretty bad ass (for Classical Music) when the Biwa and Shakuhachi come in around 2:30.

Tue 23 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana&Evans Kaizen Splash with 3 Frost Drops
The more I use this soap...the stronger is the scent...which I like very much. The lather quality is terrific...richly creamy and very slick...!!
Missed my little Torrey...and today it gives me an outstanding shave! Being a workday...had limited time for SR but this razor is so nimble & the edge is so good (jnat)...3passes for a dfs/ccs result. The aftershaves were awesome too.
20211123_084718.jpg

Gillette 1954 Z4 SB on a
CG Hammered Copper Handle,
Dollar General SS (1)

Omega Boar, 23mm

Em's Lavender-Lilac Soap
Taconic Lavender Lime Cream

Humphrey's Citrus Witch Hazel,
Stirling Island Man Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone
ce366a9d87e05212f307270b46bc4a36.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD November 23
TDR Old Cahaba Brush
Tedalus Essence Razor
Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Soaps Bee-Spoke (clone of Zoologist Bee)
CBL Apothecary Oil
CBL After Shave Tonic
First use of the Tedalus Essence and it was fun. It is certainly similar to the Feather DX but the head is slimmer and the design of the tail and barbers notch impart more of the feeling of using a straight razor. The magnets held the blade very securely. No chatter at all. This will be enjoyable to use and to try with different types of blades, such as half DE’s and injectors. Bee-Spoke smells like honeycomb, but it is not too sweet as the other scent notes smooth out the sweetness. IMG_0507.jpg

Pro tip everyone, do not try to shave after going to the dentist to have a tooth filled and half of your face is totally numb. I didn't plan enough time before the dentist to shave, and realized this would have been a disaster when I got home, so I skipped yesterday.

Today's shave was very enjoyable. A fresh and soft edge on my Pyramid 7n scored a DFS+ for the day. A full vertical of Dragons Blood is always a solid win.

Razor: Geneva Cutlery Co. Pyramid 7n
Brush: Yaqi 22mm badger
Soap: CBL Fusion Dragons Blood
Splash: CBL Apothecary Tonic, Dragons Blood
Oil: CBL Apothecary Post Shave Oil, Dragons Blood

20211121_155558.jpg

SOTD November 23
TDR Old Cahaba Brush
Tedalus Essence Razor
Feather Proguard (1)
CBL Soaps Bee-Spoke (clone of Zoologist Bee)
CBL Apothecary Oil
CBL After Shave Tonic
First use of the Tedalus Essence and it was fun. It is certainly similar to the Feather DX but the head is slimmer and the design of the tail and barbers notch impart more of the feeling of using a straight razor. The magnets held the blade very securely. No chatter at all. This will be enjoyable to use and to try with different types of blades, such as half DE’s and injectors. Bee-Spoke smells like honeycomb, but it is not too sweet as the other scent notes smooth out the sweetness. View attachment 67898
Nice razor, Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back