The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 November, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went with Noble Otter's "'Tis the Season" soap and splash. The soap is an evergreen bomb with notes of pine and cedar. There are other notes in there as well, but take a back seat to the green notes. Incredibly slick lather built with the Riva Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Fat Boy and I finished with the matching splash and "CK One Shock" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Noble Otter "'Tis The Season" Shave Soap / Riva Manchurian Badger Brush / '61 Gillette "Fatboy"
Wizamet /
Alum / Noble Otter "'Tis The Season" After Shave Splash / CK One "Shock" EdT

IMG_3635.jpg

Last edited:
Muhle R89 Twist Razor
Feather DE Blade (3)
Whipped Dog Silvertip Brush 24/57

PAA Future Fiction CK-6 Stick Soap

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
Dana Canoe Aftershave
0c41f165b913302e669a55a25b931dee.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Koraat, 7/8" with 1/4 hollow grind, horn scales

View attachment 122773
I think I'm the only guy out there that cannot get an excellent shave out of Saponificio Varesino. I've tried it several times and it just doesn't seem to work with my skin. Not everyone is going to like every product I suppose. To me, I get as good or better a shave out of a cheap soap like Palmolive. Maybe my face prefers cheap stuff? LOL

Cheers!

SOTD - 11/30/2023

Proraso Single Blade Cypress and Vetyver

Il Marchese Elitario SHD 30 mm AD72E797-98C1-4352-9B2D-12ABDA08F56F.jpeg

Thiers Issard 275 1196 Evide Sonnant Extra French Straight Razor | Carbon Steel | 6/8 Size | Extra Full Hollow Ground | Round Point | Compostelle Handle | Made in 🇫🇷 France

DSC_8011.jpg
PAL Adjustable Injector Razor @3 * Supply Black Label Injector Blade (D3)
OpusBrush 25mm Oumo Extreme High Density 2-Band Badger
Boellis Panama 1924 Coffret Shave Soap * Moon Amaretto Aftershave​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back