The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tue 1
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Bolzano Superinox 3rd
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Last use of the tabac for 2022. Will save this top-shelf soap for another year. Absolutely awesome quality lather, and the brush, and aftershave are great as well...This blade was just super in this slant razor. Super smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish..
20221101_124255.jpg

DSC_4523.png
Tuesday 11.01.22
RAZOR: Gillette '40s Brit. Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech
BLADE: NOS Wilkinson Sword made in England
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: Fine Lavender Pour Homme Shave Soap

PAA The Symmetry OC DE Razor
New LORD Platinum Blade (2)
Vie-Long Lord Randal mixed Badger/ Horse Brush, 23/52

Triple Milled I Forgot the Name Soap

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel
Dana CANOE After Shave Splash

Have a great shave
0fdeb52e8ea697175f63aa7df1e99c15.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

1 November 2022
9DEA4522-D3B6-491D-ACB8-B7DECF3504AB.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM PFTE-Stainless, 19th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: The Holy Black Pride (Septem Pecatta Mortalia) Croap
Aftershave: Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

1 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great Halloween.

Great shave this morning. First use of the vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" shave soap. From what I can gather via online searches this soap is from the early-mid 80's and from the feel of the lather, I'd venture a guess that it's tallow based. Great lather but all scent seems to be gone (or is too light for my post COVID sense of smell). Scent note (again from internet investigations) were cardamom, clove, ginger, coriander, myrrh, incense, bitter orange, jasmine, and sandalwood. Three passes and I finished with a splash of vintage English Leather "Timber Line" after shave and a spray of Dana "English Leather" cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" Shave Soap / Rajon Cajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / 1958 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Vintage English Leather "Timber Line" After Shave Splash / Dana "English Leather" EdC

IMG-0609.jpg

1 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great Halloween.

Great shave this morning. First use of the vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" shave soap. From what I can gather via online searches this soap is from the early-mid 80's and from the feel of the lather, I'd venture a guess that it's tallow based. Great lather but all scent seems to be gone (or is too light for my post COVID sense of smell). Scent note (again from internet investigations) were cardamom, clove, ginger, coriander, myrrh, incense, bitter orange, jasmine, and sandalwood. Three passes and I finished with a splash of vintage English Leather "Timber Line" after shave and a spray of Dana "English Leather" cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" Shave Soap / Rajon Cajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / 1958 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Vintage English Leather "Timber Line" After Shave Splash / Dana "English Leather" EdC

View attachment 97086
awesome..haven't smelled Timberline aftershave since the mid 80'S.nice stuff. :cool:

I never saw that Chubby handle before?
simpson did a bunch of limited edition colored chubby 2 handled synthetics a few years ago.this was one of the original 6? options.they still make the LE line but i haven't seen this color since the 1st batch.

simpson did a bunch of limited edition colored chubby 2 handled synthetics a few years ago.this was one of the original 6? options.they still make the LE line but i haven't seen this color since the 1st batch.

Simpsons is responding to the market shifts. Nice.

SOTD: 11/01/2022

1667356590111.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Toggle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Black Label Puck
Aftershave: H.Zone Essential Man 1930 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Cartier Roadster Sport

SOTD: 11/01/2022

View attachment 97123