The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 1-7, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Back at the office today to close out the week. Back is feeling pretty good. Takes a day of two to get the full effects of the shot.

Fantastic shave today. First shave with the MacDuffs "Trail Tobacco" soap. Great lather and scent with notes of cured tobacco, cedar, amber, spice, plum and coffee. Great combo and prefect for autumn. Finished with a splash of Jōvan Musk for Men. This always reminds me of my dad. He's worn it forever. Also went with a spray of Lagerfeld Classic EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "Trail Tobacco" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro handle Synth / Rockwell Model T Adjustable
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Jōvan Musk for Men Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Lagerfeld Classic EdT

IMG-7605.jpg

IKON 102 Shavecraft Slant
Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Zenith 507-Boar, 27.5

TOBS Jermyn Street Soap

Humphrey's Citrus Witch Hazel
Myrsol After Shave Blue

Have a great day everyone
5fb1b831b0226ab38ef4eab6e9bf10b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Fri 5 SE SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 9th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash
This soap scent...hmmm...takes time to like it...the more I use. To my nose...more of a caramel popcorn followed by pumpkinish...not sure about the tobacco. The scent can sure last...especially matched with the splash.
This soap lather performance is top-notch!!! Super rich, creamy, and very slick!
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was very easy, smooth, and comfortable. Absolutely enjoyed the 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. The matching aftershave splash is outstanding.
View attachment 66035
Samhain performance is superb. It’s one of the only skinfoods where I can feel my skin eating it up. Wonderful. With more uses you will be able to pick off the sandlewood bourbon and tobacco as well.
One of my favorites.

Sat 6 SR SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm B14 Boar
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Awesome quality soap!!! Awesome scent...awesomely rich, creamy, and very slick lather!! Love this soap for sure😍
A very enjoyable shave with this excellent razor too!! Buttery smooth, very comfortable edge, and managed to be more efficient...just love the feel of the hefty wedge as it glides through the skin. 3+1passes for a fast-improving bbs/dfs/ccs finish. Aftershave was great too...
20211106_132845.jpg

Samhain performance is superb. It’s one of the only skinfoods where I can feel my skin eating it up. Wonderful. With more uses you will be able to pick off the sandlewood bourbon and tobacco as well.
One of my favorites.
Hey, thanks for your comments! Glad to hear how good it is for you. Yeah, I am slowly but surely getting used to the scent and liking it...
I rather have soap scents that I dislike than nothing at all...since we can get used to it over time...

CADET TTO, OC
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
PAA Peregrino Synth, 24mm
RazoRock Ceramic Lather Bowl

Lather: WSP Mahogany

Post:Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Dana, Canoe After Shave

Have a great day everyone
7b0c5bdcb2117b03051ca7d439643bab.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

EE2E2B4D-77BC-4E21-8858-A0F62CBC0121.png
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 6, 2021

RAZOR: Filarmonica 13 Novodur (Mug), G.E. Jones Shake Sharp (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DEs (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #377
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back