The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 9 - May 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave today! When I heard that Phoenix Shaving was coming out with a shave soap paying homage to Skin Bracer, I new I'd have to get some. Identical to the splash! Great lather as well. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer and a spray of Davidoff "Zino". Great start to the week!.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Mennen "Skin Bracer" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Davidoff "Zino" EdT

IMG-9145.jpg

Monday AM 2022-05-09
The first recorded appearance of the character Mr. Punch, from whom the term 'punch line' comes, was on this date in 1662, Covent Garden, London
KZrraRn.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (10)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave
zucsgpY.jpg

Tue 10 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi Mellon COB
Blade Persona X Series 6th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Missed using this excellent & very affordable soap! It is easy to lather and produces a rich & super slick lather with a nice light lime scent...awesome!!
A good shave session with this razor paired with the still good blade. Easy, smooth, and efficient enough in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were good...
20220510_111847.jpg

10 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantabulous shave this morning! Broke out Frank's newest from his Italia Collection, Blood Orange. This soap smells delicious with a juicy, sweet orange that completely envelops you when face lathering (if you don't face lather, you're missing out). Three passes and I finished with a splash of the "Clean" skin food splash with a couple of drops of orange EO added and a spray of YSL M7 Fresh for a nice "barbershopy" finish.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash + Orange EO / YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT

IMG-9154.jpg

Tuesday AM 2022-05-10
The first national US paper currency was issued on this date in 1775, Continental Congress
rEzp1Iu.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Shaving Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

The slightly old Rooney made wonderful lather with the cream. The new Carbon razor is even smoother than the Adamas, almost rivaling the smoothness of my Paradigm 17-4. And the shave was finished with the great discontinued balm, leaving my face BBS.
D2TvGeg.jpg

AF7A87DE-63B0-40B5-991E-62B345FB7C18.jpeg
Razor: Fromm Red Head 5/8 full hollow
Brush: Saponificio Varesino TSC Brush
Soap: TDS Cosmetics Угольное, Activated Charcoal shaving soap
Witch Hazel: Theyers Cucumber
Aftershave: TDS Cosmetics Menthol Alcohol aftershave
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cooling
Strop: SRD Roo strop 25/40-25/60
Edge touched up on black Arkansas

SOTD: 05/10/2022

1652237463100.gif