The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 23 - May 31, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day Folks:
A few months ago, a suggestion was made to alter the SOTD from a weekly thread to a monthly thread. At the time three factors were involved:
1. We had an individual who consistently was closing and opening the thread each week
2. It allowed folks to search for a specific photo without searching through hundreds of pages.
3. Time allowed the older thread to be locked in a much more time efficient manner.

Due to time constraints, not to mention other commitments, recently the SOTD thread has had inconsistent opening and closing, as well as inconsistent locking. Not to mention the overall thought by this author, that well we have always done it this way. Let's just say "I have seen a better way"

So effective Wednesday the 1st of June, 2022 the SOTD Thread will be now a MONTHLY thread and as such you should see the following changes:
1. The SOTD Thread will look like this: SOTD JUNE 2022
2 Thread will close and open late on the last day of each for the following month.

This should allow an easier way to access, prevent posts in the wrong week, and should provide a more consistent experience and not rely on members to catch when to open the thread, and allow ownership to lock the thread more consistently.

We hope you like the new change, and if you have any questions please reach out to me.

Be advised of the changes to the current week's SOTD thread and title to

SOTD May 23- May 31, 2022

Thanks for all you do, and you post, and for being valued members of the TSC
Thanks Dave. It sounds like this will be an improvement.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

29 May, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / Shavemac 386 Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" EdP

IMG-9320.jpg

Good Day Folks:
A few months ago, a suggestion was made to alter the SOTD from a weekly thread to a monthly thread. At the time three factors were involved:
1. We had an individual who consistently was closing and opening the thread each week
2. It allowed folks to search for a specific photo without searching through hundreds of pages.
3. Time allowed the older thread to be locked in a much more time efficient manner.

Due to time constraints, not to mention other commitments, recently the SOTD thread has had inconsistent opening and closing, as well as inconsistent locking. Not to mention the overall thought by this author, that well we have always done it this way. Let's just say "I have seen a better way"

So effective Wednesday the 1st of June, 2022 the SOTD Thread will be now a MONTHLY thread and as such you should see the following changes:
1. The SOTD Thread will look like this: SOTD JUNE 2022
2 Thread will close and open late on the last day of each for the following month.

This should allow an easier way to access, prevent posts in the wrong week, and should provide a more consistent experience and not rely on members to catch when to open the thread, and allow ownership to lock the thread more consistently.

We hope you like the new change, and if you have any questions please reach out to me.

Be advised of the changes to the current week's SOTD thread and title to

SOTD May 23- May 31, 2022

Thanks for all you do, and you post, and for being valued members of the TSC
awesome.. :)

SotD

Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - Shaving Soap.
Koraat Manchurian two band - Shaving Brush.
Mühle R41 Titan Berlin Limited (Number 90 of 100) - Razor.
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - After Shave.
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - EdP.

-
43709570xw.jpg

43709571kb.jpg

43709572yh.jpg

43709573ig.jpg

43709574mh.jpg

SotD

Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - Shaving Soap.
Koraat Manchurian two band - Shaving Brush.
Mühle R41 Titan Berlin Limited (Number 90 of 100) - Razor.
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - After Shave.
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe - EdP.

-
43709570xw.jpg

43709571kb.jpg

43709572yh.jpg

43709573ig.jpg

43709574mh.jpg
Very cool razor

Mon 30 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
Very nice scented soap with good lather qualities...the brush is just fantastic!
A good shave with this razor. Crisply keen and smooth edge. Workday rush 2passes for a ccs finish. The aftershaves were very good...
20220530_113549.jpg

Parker 65R CC
PAA Platinum Strangelet Blade (1)
Sabi 17D Silvertip Badger, 20/50

RazorRock Classic Shaving Cream Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Osage Rub Invigorating Splash

Have a great shave
b725e15774a203aee6e024a252fbe809.jpg

SOTD: 05/30/2022

1653915400573.jpeg