The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2024

8 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Best shave of the week (thus far) this morning! Also in the running for "Best Shave of the Year"!! Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent 4711 homage, "11235". Pretty much identical in scent to its inspiration with a light, green-citrus aroma with incredible lather from the CK-6 base, built with the Paladin "Tigris Perla" badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70", and I finished with 4711 after shave splash & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "11235" Shave Soap / Paladin "Falstaff" 2-Band Badger Brush / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Platinum / Alum / "4711" After Shave Splash / "4711" EdC

IMG_4719.jpg

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick Injector (D4)
Brush: Semogue Pegasus C7 26mm Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn

Muhle R41.jpg

My first post, so excited to put it up here. Today's Shave was a return to the 2013 Muhle R41. Only my fourth shave with it but love it a little more each time I use it. Two pass BBS with no touch ups and super smooth on my skin. This Razor always leaves my skin feeling really good with no irritation at all.

Razor - 2013 Muhle R41 Zamak Head on a Yaqi Apollo Chrome Handle
Shaving Brush - Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm
Blade - Feather Stainless Steel (2nd use)
Shaving Soap - Shannon's Rustbelt Reserve - Balkan Blend
After Shave - After Shave by 4711

9 May 2024
IMG_5028.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 11th use
Brush: Rudy Vey EMG 40th Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Vetiver Planet Aftershave
Balm: Ethos Unscented Skin Food Lotion
Fragrance: Creed Original Vétiver EdP

SOTD - 5/9/2024

Subtle Art Soap Company Emerald Fields
Parker SoloEdge
Mojo Handcrafts Stump with a Mojo Maker Knot

From the Subtle Art Website:

Elegant, fresh and sporty. That’s the only way to describe our new Emerald Fields. It’s both classic and modern. An invigorating scent that is sure to be unforgettable.

Notes of Iris, French verbena, clover leaf, violet and sandalwood are combined to create this rich, masculine scent.
IMG_9614.jpeg

9 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Lime Zest" shave cream. Great scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "Year of the Dragon" badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy, and I finished with Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime" after shave lotion & layered P&G "Old Spice" + Clubman "Lime Sec" colognes (worked pretty well together).

Hope you've had a great day. :)

TOBS "Lime Zest" Shave Cream / Paladin "Year of the Dragon" 2-Band Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Shulton "Fresh Lime" After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" + Clubman "Lime Sec" EdC

IMG_4726.jpg

Back