The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 May 2023
View attachment 110944
View attachment 110945

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx 🇫🇷
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 10th use🇯🇵
Brush: Simpsons M6 Manchurian Badger🇬🇧
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl🇺🇸
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap🇺🇸
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck🇬🇧
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Shave Chaser Aftershave🇺🇸
Additional Care: Osma Alum 🇫🇷
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel🇺🇸

Late post of an early morning shave.
Has it finally tapped out or is there another shave!?!?

Mothers' Day SOTD
[IMG]

Razor Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Titan (D7)
Brush: Rubberset 49-4 W 28mm HMB
Scuttle: PAA Travel 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: P.160 Tipo Duro
Balm: Handmade Soap Co. Soothing AS Cream
Aftershave: Floid Blue

13 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Busy day today so a late post but it started out with a great shave with both a new brush and soap/splash set. The new brush from Riva Brushes, Italy arrived yesterday and it is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I love the asymmetrical design. Very organic and just a beautiful brush to simply look at. And the performance was on par with its looks, whipping up a fantastic lather from the Eleven "Lime and Basil" soap. The soap base is fantastic, producing a lather that was thick, rich and very aromatic. A nice combination of tart lime and spice basil with some light floral notes hovering around in the background as well. Very cushioning with excellent slip. Two passes with the Blackland Era and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Aramis "Havana".

Hope you have a great evening. :)

Eleven Shaving "Lime and Basil" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Heather Briar ST Brush / Blackland Razors "Era"
Gillette Wilkinson Sword / Alum / Eleven Shaving "Lime and Basil" After Shave Splash / Aramis "Havana" EdT

IMG-2180.jpg

Last edited:
13 May 2023
IMG_9724.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 11th use
Brush: Simpsons M6 Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash Aftershave

Shave finally happened at 2230 Eastern. 75th outing with this little 56g puck. Got another quality lather!
IMG_9725.jpeg

13 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Busy day today so a late post but it started out with a great shave with both a new brush and soap/splash set. The new brush from Riva Brushes, Italy arrived yesterday and it is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I love the asymmetrical design. Very organic and just a beautiful brush to simply look at. And the performance was on par with its looks, whipping up a fantastic lather from the Eleven "Lime and Basil" soap. The soap base is fantastic, producing a lather that was thick, rich and very aromatic. A nice combination of tart lime and spice basil with some light floral notes hovering around in the background as well. Very cushioning with excellent slip. Two passes with the Blackland Era and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Aramis "Havana".

Hope you have a great evening. :)

Eleven Shaving "Lime and Basil" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Heather Briar ST Brush / Blackland Razors "Era"
Gillette Wilkinson Sword / Alum / Eleven Shaving "Lime and Basil" After Shave Splash / Aramis "Havana" EdT

View attachment 111010
Beautiful brush indeed!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

DSC_2644 copy.png
Sunday Afternoon Shave 05.14.23
RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Razor: Meteorite
BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
BRUSH: Elite Razor Red, White and Blue Manchurian White
LATHER: Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Shaving Soap

Sunday AM 2023-05-14
Mothers Day
R7xfwtq.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Iridium Super (8)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave

A great relaxed shave today. The brush is one of my softest, with feather-light hair tips. But it made excellent lather. The cream's top notes are linden blossom, lavender, geranium, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are ylang-ylang, cloves, cedar and rose; base notes are oakmoss, musk, amber, incense and vetiver. The razor did its usual fine job, leaving me BBS. And a soothing finish was provided by the aftershave, with top notes of blood mandarin, grapefruit and mint; middle notes cinnamon, spicy notes, and rose; and base notes of amber, leather, woody notes, and Indian patchouli. It blended perfectly on this very warm morning with the cream's scent.

This morning I was remembering my mother and an episode almost 60 years ago, when I was a brainless teen, and I let her smoke a bit of a marijuana joint, because she had said she was curious about why kids were using it. She had a fit of giggles that must have lasted half an hour, but she decided she didn't want to do it again.
5iypu96.jpg

14 May 2023
IMG_9727.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 12th use
Brush: Simpsons M6 Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Fragrance: Creed Original Vétiver EdP

14 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're continuing to have a great weekend.

Another great shave this morning! Went back to @Dragonsbeard / Frank and his excellent "Bergamoto" soap and skin food splash from the Italia Collection. Great lather built with the Rich Man Shaving brush for two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with the matching skin food splash and a spray of Acqua di Parma Colonia "Essenza"

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / Tatara Masamune / Polsilver
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma Colonia "Essenza" EdC

IMG-2188.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back