The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Mar 28 - Apr 3, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two great days of shaves so far this week. Some wild variations in weather as well.

--Monday March 28--
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Gillette 7Oclock Yellow (20)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Old Vintage Williams
Splash: Aqua Velva Musk
Scent: Commodity Vetiver

20220328_042538.jpg

--Tuesday March 29--
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s [4.5]
Blade: Nacet (?)
Splash: Aqua Velva
Balm: The Soap Opera Eucalyptus and Mint
Scent: True Religion

20220329_054312.jpg

29 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! Went with "Neon Sun" from Noble Otter for today's shave. Nothing really revolutionary with the scent. It's a nice cologne-ish, quasi-barbershop scent with notes of lime, oakmoss, bergamot, patchouli and musk. Very nice but I wish the scent would have been a little stronger. Excellent lather as always from Noble Otter. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC. The cologne was a nice contrast to the soap / splash. They share many of the same scent notes but the cologne adds the leather component in the drydown that takes it in a different direction.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Neon Sun" Shave Soap / PAA "Star Wisp" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Noble Otter "Neon Sun" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC

IMG-8770.jpg

Tuesday AM 2022-03-29
Birthdate of baseball pitcher Cy Young in 1867
ue9yAgH.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
oQva3oK.jpg

Wed 30 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Britannia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor ZY430
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
A nice soap! Light & refreshing minty scent and a good creamy slick lather...
Decided to put this razor through the Naniwa 12k because some part of the edge seems to be 'damaged' after hitting my glasses during the last use. Overall was not satisfactory. 2.5passes for a ccs result. The aftershaves were good.
20220330_131815.jpg

Wednesday SOTD

RmggRKF.png

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌
Heritage Collection Ever Ready 500E Gel Bulb
B&M ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌& Aftershave
Another 2-pass BBS shave while the chewing machine does her thing.

y8S6GGb.png

Rain and dropping temps all day, means some soft warmth is needed.

Razor: Gillette Pre-War Tech
Blade: Nacet (?)
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Scent: CK One Shock

20220330_042755.jpg

Merkur HD 34C
Feather (5)
Maggard SY-22 Synth

Petal Pusher Fancies Neroli Shaving Puck

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Aubrey Spice Island After Shave Lotion

Have a great shave everyone
220ae51c34d47ea791d5aba8274c5a7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Aubrey Organics City Rhythms was one of my first wet shaving aftershaves, very good stuff. Nice shave sir

30 March, 2022

Fantastic shave this morning. Wanted to try one of the new parts razors I assembled so I chose the "cobbled bar" head on the RazoRock handle. Had a complimentary pack of Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades that came with an order that I've been wanting to try out for a while so I popped a fresh one in. VERY good shave! I could actually hear the whiskers "popping" over the sound of the shower! Enough blade exposure to be "efficient" without being overly aggressive. Three passes on a foundation of Murphy & McNeil's "Barbershop De Los Muertos" lather provided a very enjoyable DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and EdP. Excellent!

Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Synth / Yaqi CB + RazoRock / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" EdP

IMG-8780.jpg

30 March, 2022

Fantastic shave this morning. Wanted to try one of the new parts razors I assembled so I chose the "cobbled bar" head on the RazoRock handle. Had a complimentary pack of Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades that came with an order that I've been wanting to try out for a while so I popped a fresh one in. VERY good shave! I could actually hear the whiskers "popping" over the sound of the shower! Enough blade exposure to be "efficient" without being overly aggressive. Three passes on a foundation of Murphy & McNeil's "Barbershop De Los Muertos" lather provided a very enjoyable DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and EdP. Excellent!

Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Synth / Yaqi CB + RazoRock / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" EdP

View attachment 79120
Beautiful brush my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back