The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggard MR-9 CC DE Razor
Personna Platinum Blade (1)
Omega HI-BRUSH 25/57

TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Splash
84efa2ba55ab24ba7302d128eae80c5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

6 January, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. New antique scuttle arrived and I popped in a puck of Trumper's "Oxford Blue" mug soap. Very lightly scented but great lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes with '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Paul Sebastian after shave and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Geo. F. Trumper "Oxford Blue" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian Badger / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Paul Sebastian After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_3872.jpg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Wostenholm & Sons Pipe 5/8" Full Hollow
Brush: Shavemac Americana D01
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: I Coloniali
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy AS

Sun 7
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
A very nice combination of soap, brush, and splash...great lather and wonderfully complementing scents!
This old hefty razor still provides an impeccably smooth, comfortable, and satisfying shave...
20240107_090058.jpg

7 January, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had pleasant evening.

Great, albeit humble shave this morning. This was the shave I had planned for New Year's Day, but I stayed up too late the night before and slept in. Following the same belief that having hog jowl and black eye peas on New Year's Day will bring about good luck and prosperity in the coming year, a modest shave will bring about a year full of enjoyable, close and comfortable ones. I wont go so far as to say the Arko soap has a "great" scent, but I like it. The lather, however IS great. Two passes with Supply SE and I finished with Aqua Velva "Musk" aftershave cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Arko Shave Soap / Semogue Galahad C3 Boar Brush / Supply SE
Schick /
Alum / Aqua Velva "Musk" Aftershave Cologne

IMG_3883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back