The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 January 2023
A8C2DCAC-D11D-44A4-B91F-87FA6C362EA4.jpeg

Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 4th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements GLO TUBE 2.0 Soap
Soap: Barrister And Mann Cologne Russe Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Kiritimati Aftershave
Balm: Nivea Aftershave Balm Balm
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Going to try to 3017 this soap. Already have a head start, so not sure how long it will take.
3C84162B-A9D5-4DB8-8461-348EF68AE652.jpeg

Merkur/ Maier Megress Adjustable Personna Lab Blue Blade (3)

Vie-Long Horse 50-50 Mane-Tail, Olive Wood, 21/52

Crown king Alt Eleven Shave Soap

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel,
Alt Innsbruck Cologne

4454fb3433f27b9ce3dc9c22d66bdb87.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Obviously you like the scent of Alt, otherwise you wouldn't be using it, but I'm curious what your thoughts are about its ability as an aftershave? For myself 7-8 years back, Alt was the first "high end," Aftershave that I purchased(and still the most expensive if not considering rare vintage). When I purchased it, I think it ran around $40+ shipping. For me it had zero allure beyond the scent. It amazed me that there were zero to no skin goodies present for an item that was billed at the time as a luxury aftershave. I pif'd it on to a needy wet shaver several years back, but I have never forgotten the disappointment I had when I received this product to find it was a cologne first and an aftershave as a afterthought(granted I wasn't into cologne back then).

Obviously you like the scent of Alt, otherwise you wouldn't be using it, but I'm curious what your thoughts are about its ability as an aftershave? For myself 7-8 years back, Alt was the first "high end," Aftershave that I purchased(and still the most expensive if not considering rare vintage). When I purchased it, I think it ran around $40+ shipping. For me it had zero allure beyond the scent. It amazed me that there were zero to no skin goodies present for an item that was billed at the time as a luxury aftershave. I pif'd it on to a needy wet shaver several years back, but I have never forgotten the disappointment I had when I received this product to find it was a cologne first and an aftershave as a afterthought(granted I wasn't into cologne back then).
Thank you. You're quite right. The box reads 'Eau de Cologne' . The directions are to apply after dry or wet shaving on the well dried skin.
It's not skin food for sure. However, the box also reads that for best results to use Alt Innsbruck pre and after shave emulsion. I've never tried the emulsion. I used a good witch hazel before applying the cologne. I really like the tobacco flower scent.

Thank you. You're quite right. The box reads 'Eau de Cologne' . The directions are to apply after dry or wet shaving on the well dried skin.
It's not skin food for sure. However, the box also reads that for best results to use Alt Innsbruck pre and after shave emulsion. I've never tried the emulsion. I used a good witch hazel before applying the cologne. I really like the tobacco flower scent.

One more shaving item for me to buy lol

SOTD: 01/04/2023

1672872995878.jpeg

Razor: Stirling Soap HyperAggressive-Fort Worth Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Cella Extra Extra Bio Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Calvin Klein Eternity For Men EdP

Thu 5
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Puros
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Good enough, the lather from the soap, but together with the matching splash...the scent is very aromatic! The brush is just a pure pleasure to use!
With this razor, I finally managed to get a buttery smooth edge with the LaLune & 0.1um diamond balsa combination. A quick refresh on the hanging 0.1um balsa produces a beautiful soft but efficient edge. 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230105_133005.jpg

5 January 2023

AEFC50C4-7B59-44B9-8028-D3870F8A6255.jpeg

Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 5th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements GLO TUBE 2.0 Soap
Soap: Barrister And Mann Cologne Russe Puck
Aftershave: Barrister And Mann Fougère Classique Aftershave
Balm: Nivea Aftershave Balm Balm
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Status