The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan 31 - Feb 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 31 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 1st Use (From Connaught)
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Brandy Spice
Missed using this excellent soap. Did not disappoint at all. Lightly scented but the lather is beautifully rich and very slick...sud use more for SR
Missed shaving with the razor too and today paired with this 1st-time use PTFE blade was a Wow! Super smooth and very efficient! I did palm-stropped the blade. 3passes for a bbs finish. Missed the Clubman aftershave too and it was just awesome...and lasting!
20220131_104328.jpg

df3b161cd135637e8a0102e7c2ea3194.jpg

GaRtBnX

31 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Great shave this morning! Went with @CBLSoap.com "Cigar Shop Hombre" soap. Fantastic scent and lather. Three passes for a DFS+ and I finished with a splash of "Cigar Aficionado" after shave and a spray of "Havana" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Master Barber "Cigar Shop Hombre" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 2-Band Finest Badger / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless / Alum / Aficionado Fragrances "Cigar Aficionado" After Shave Splash / Aramis "Havana" EdT

IMG-8331.jpg

#sotd
This is the first brush I bought back in 2008, a 22mm knot with probably 1/3 the hair of todays knots if that. I honestly don’t remember the maker as the label has worn off, maybe Truefitt & Hill? I think it was around $75
I took maybe an inch of the Proraso Red and put it into the damp knot.
Face lathered 3 passes may have been able to pull 4 out of the knot but didn’t need to. The Erik Anton Berg 4/8” razor made a clean sweep of things and gave me a perfect shave.
1D3D8767-49C1-445B-B48F-90D6EC8E1999.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back