The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan. 10- Jan. 16, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, January 11
R6itiZs.jpg

Antica Barbieria Colla~~Simpson T3~~Game Changer/Light Brigade (9)~~Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Have a great day!

#sotd
Enders Speed Razor
Rich Man Shaving Red Forge with UltraLux
The Club - Chasing The Dragon K2
Soap, Splash and EdP
I shaved last night after-which my 8yo daughter asked me to sit with her before bedtime. After a few minutes she says that one of the reason’s she likes me to be there was because I smelled REALLY good.
Winner, winner!
Anyway the Enders Speed Razor loaded with an original blade used as a spacer, and a
Schick Proline B20 blade produced a fantastic BBS shave.
Hoping everyone has great shaves!
EndersChaseDragon.jpg

SOTD: 01/11/2022

1641955860685.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Kamisori, Lime)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Starlight
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Crowne & Crane Perfect Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Deep Blue Sea Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane The Perfect Man Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Bleu de Chanel EdT

Wed 12 SOTD
Soap Blackship Grooming Captain's Pipe
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Yaqi Malibu Splash
Nice aromatic pipe tobacco. The soap is amazing...just a little became thickly rich creamy and slick lather enough for 4+ passes...
Easy efficient shave with razor and blade combination. 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were awesome too...
20220112_141220.jpg

One year ago today I enjoyed my first straight razor shave. Well over 100 (probably closer to 200) shaves later, I am very happy I started down this path.

Had to enjoy a shave with my first SR to mark the occasion.

Razor: K.W. and Company "St Louis"
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tux
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK Obsession

20220111_185729.jpg

That’s definitely unique looking - I’ve never seen one - how does it shave?
IMG_20220111_184621843.jpgIMG_20220111_184639449.jpg
Here are a couple more pics of it with the head folded and cap on.
In the pics, you can see the knurled butt cap. If you pull back on the cap and slide it forward it pushes out the old blade the injects a new blade as the blades are held in the handle.
Rotate the head and you're ready to shave.
As far as the shave IMO it's the most aggressive Schick injector razor. I have 13 of the standard injectors, plus this "A" model, a "B" model, and 2 "C" models of the Repeaters.
I just enjoy being able to shave with many different types of razors and get great shaves. It takes a lot of practice but helps make shaving that much more fun.

12 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Used First Line Shave's "My God, It's Full Of Stars" soap and splash and it provided a wonderfully performing and fragrant lather. Based on Versace's "Eros" cologne, I gotta say, it's a spot-on match! Three passes resulted in a DFS++ with practically no feedback from the alum block. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Versace "Eros" EdT. Fantastic!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

First Line Shave "My God, It's Full Of Stars" Shave Soap / YAQI "Mysterious Space" Synth / SS SB Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
Alum / First Line Shave "My God, It's Full Of Stars" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-8174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back