The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 February, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Another late post but, like yesterday, a great shave to start the day. Returned to D.R. Harris and their "Windsor" cream.. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 70's Gillette Techmatic and I finished with Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" after shave splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

D.R. Harris "Windsor" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger Brush
70's Gillette Techmatic / Alum / Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" After Shave

IMG_4129.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Shavemac 31mm
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Master Soap Creations Frosted Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum

12 February 2024
IMG_4024.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM PFTE-Stainless, 12th use
Brush: Wald Princess Peach A1 Fan
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cane Soap
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch Puck
Aftershave: Aqua Velva (Williams) Fresh Control Loción Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Pelli Sensibili Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum

12 February, 2024

Had a completely different shave planned but changed at the last minute and returned to the vintage Yardley shave soap. This stuff continues to impress! Great lather built with the Semogue SOC premium boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Clubman "Classic Vanilla" after shave lotion and Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP.

Vintage Yardley Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman "Classic Vanilla" After Shave Lotion / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP

IMG_4133.jpg

12 February, 2024

Had a completely different shave planned but changed at the last minute and returned to the vintage Yardley shave soap. This stuff continues to impress! Great lather built with the Semogue SOC premium boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Clubman "Classic Vanilla" after shave lotion and Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP.

Vintage Yardley Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman "Classic Vanilla" After Shave Lotion / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP

View attachment 126712
It is hard to reach for anything else, especially when it just seems to last for ever! I think I load my brush for maybe 15 seconds and that is plenty. I have at least 200 shaves on the puck I'm working on.

Muhle R89 Twist 2pc CC Razor
AccuForge (previously called Personna Lab Blue) Blade (1)
Maggard SY-24 Plissoft Brush 24/58

Crown King Alt- Eleven Shave Soap

444 After Shave Gel
6660 Alt-Innsbruck EDC

Smooth as silk 3-Pass shave.
I found out about this blade from Razor Emporium on YouTube. AccuForge is the new name for the Personna Lab Blue blades. They're smooth and sharp. I still have a few Personna Hospital Use blades left, but I'm out of the Lab Blue ones, so I purchased a lot of 60 AccuForge ones. I don't know if the Personna Super blades will be renamed AccuForge or not.
The blades are still made at the same place, and they have the same excellence as far as I can tell.
778930580106c3330c520a6adf946707.jpg
680f0ead2deb3bc07a3c63c4b502c51d.jpg
b2263536da0cb8970ec84f4a9e3553c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back