The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 6th - December 12th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boozy vanilla cookies is what I get today. Soap is still living.

Razor: Peerless Jr, Souix City Iowa
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tux
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Sandalwood and Myrrh Remix
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Scent: CK One Shock

20211211_094446.jpg

Saturday AM 2021-12-11
National Lost & Found Day
PhltcNi.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
yTLBl4G.jpg

11 December, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Late post but early shave and busy morning. Storms rolled through the area earlier and being "on call", there were a few issues I had to attend to. Luckily no equipment damage. Mostly just power issues. All our fiber nodes have generator backups which take over in case of power outages. I mostly have to make sure they start and keep providing juice to the rectifiers and batteries.

Fantastic shave today!! Actually one of the BEST I've ever had. Went with "BEE-spoke", one of the new scents from Chris @CBLindsay / @CBLSoap.com and I gotta say, he killed it with this one! I've never used the fragrance that this is based on, but if it's as fantastic as the soap and tonic, I may have to get a bottle. Even the wife commented on it mentioning how good it smelled. Great scent strength and fantastic lather from the soap. Three passes and I finished with the matching after shave tonic. Didn't need to put on cologne. Still smelling it hours later.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "BEE-spoke" Shave Soap / YAQI "BALI" Silver Tip / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / CBL Soaps "BEE-spoke" After Shave Tonic

IMG-7909.jpg

11 December, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Late post but early shave and busy morning. Storms rolled through the area earlier and being "on call", there were a few issues I had to attend to. Luckily no equipment damage. Mostly just power issues. All our fiber nodes have generator backups which take over in case of power outages. I mostly have to make sure they start and keep providing juice to the rectifiers and batteries.

Fantastic shave today!! Actually one of the BEST I've ever had. Went with "BEE-spoke", one of the new scents from Chris @CBLindsay / @CBLSoap.com and I gotta say, he killed it with this one! I've never used the fragrance that this is based on, but if it's as fantastic as the soap and tonic, I may have to get a bottle. Even the wife commented on it mentioning how good it smelled. Great scent strength and fantastic lather from the soap. Three passes and I finished with the matching after shave tonic. Didn't need to put on cologne. Still smelling it hours later.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "BEE-spoke" Shave Soap / YAQI "BALI" Silver Tip / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / CBL Soaps "BEE-spoke" After Shave Tonic

View attachment 69766

Great shave Mark. I agree with you on Bee-spoke. Great scent on the soap. I also wondered if the Zoologist Bee perfume smelled identical. I came close to pulling the trigger on it. If the Zoologist smells as good as the CBL soap and tonic, then I do NEED it!

Sun 12 SOTD - Last Shave @Home for 2021. Will be away for work for at least 40+ days!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade PearlMax Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + PAA Cavendish Splash
My number 1 Soap and Splash set! The scent for me is just outstanding. The lather is just rich, super creamy, and slick...absolutely love this!!
My number 1 vintage DE, this razor is just fantastic...paired with this unassuming blade...wow! 3passes went so smoothly, so comfortable, and very efficient for a dolphin smooth finish. The matching aftershave amplifies the lovely scent for quite many hours...
20211212_125449.jpg

8472B388-F067-482F-B9C8-9C67D130CA46.jpeg
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 12, 2021

RAZOR: Smith Bros. of Boston 11/16 (Mug), Durham Duplex Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Ever Ready Hair Trimmer (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub AS Splash.

Nick - I didn’t realize you were on Team Tedalus! How do you like it? Team Captains @NurseDave and @Bill M will be so proud!

I really enjoy shaving with the Tedalus. I stopped using straight razors a little over a year ago because I did not have the time for the maintenance required. For me, the Tedalus has a very similar tactile feeling to a straight. It is sleeker than the Feather DX and nimbler. I have not yet experimented with half DE or injector blades. So far, the Tedalus is fun to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back