The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 6th - December 12th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to posting one of these shaves with the new to me Ever-ready shaver.
Used the GEM Blue Star blade.
Also the FAT! and the VEG!
Such a baby face after these shaves.
I always thought that these razors were going to be too mechanical or aggressive. Wrong on both counts.
Super efficient and safe.
Only thing is that they are very chatty.
Have a good week guys!
4934FA0B-BD6F-4C81-946C-E4395FEE2661.jpeg

Finally got around to posting one of these shaves with the new to me Ever-ready shaver.
I always thought that these razors were going to be too mechanical or aggressive. Wrong on both counts.
Have a good week guys!
View attachment 69262
I love that decanter, very cool!

Tue 7 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Puros Splash
An easy soap to lather producing thick, creamy, and ok slickness qualities. The scent is pure tobacco...nice!!
Easy shave with the razor paired with this blade. Uneventful, reasonably smooth, and acceptable efficiency in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The blade will be retired. Aftershave was great...it sure can last...
20211207_090728.jpg

Have a good week guys!
View attachment 69262
Yeh, very eye-catching. Makes your 'the VEG' look a whole lot better than mine. Good match with the brush also.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD: 12/07/2021

1638874485535.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Libertas Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

Is 6 blasts of Obsession too many, or does it properly feed into the "obsession" theme? Either way powerfully great smells, slick lather and a wicked close BBS today.

Razor: Geneva Cutlery Co. Pyramid 7n
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tux
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Sandalwood and Myrrh Remix
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Scent: CK Obsession

20211207_064640.jpg

Karve Brass C-plate OC
Treet King SS (3)

Omega Boar, 23mm

Institut Karite Shaving Cream

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel (last for this bottle but I have two in reserve),
Reef Point Soaps Fougere Santal Aftershave Balm

Have a great day everyone
1d0014d40a70edd423dc550b348acb36.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

7 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning. If you've never tried the MacDuffs soaps, you're doing yourself a great disservice. Their V4 base is one of the best I've used and the lather produced is exceptional. Used their "Bad Santa" soap and splash for today's shave and gotta say, it will be used well beyond the holiday season. It's that good! Sweet cured tobacco, cherry, oak, whisky and spices all combine for a wonderful scent. The matching splash is very soothing but is a bit tacky on dry-down. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. HMW Badger / RazoRock .68-P Game Changer / Gillette Platinum
Alum / MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Aftershave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP

IMG-7888.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back