The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Martin de Candre and their "Nature" shave soap. Incredibly slick lather built with the Zenith B33 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with D.R. Harris "Sandalwood" after shave splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Nature" Shave Soap / Zenith B33 Boar Brush / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / D.R. Harris "Sandalwood" After Shave Splash

IMG_3707.jpg

At first I thought it said Dinks and Dave’s, which still makes sense. Dual income no kids and Dave’s 😂

What’s the scent on this one?
Drinks & Daves- A custom creation from the minds of…well, a couple of Daves of Drinks & Daves YouTube fame. Their olefacory vision was that of a scent that is evocative of a cozy lounge where fine cigars and spirits are enjoyed. Come on in and have a seat, there’s a leather chair with your name on it. Grab a cedar stick to light your fresh cigar and don’t forget the Scitch Whisky (Dave prefers Stotch to Bourbon but you’ll find both here) and PUFF-PUFF-PUFF away.

Notes: Leather, Cedar, Fresh Cigars, Charred Cedar & Cigar Smoke, Scotch Whisky

*LIMITED EDITION Scent available in Tonic and Soap.

Drinks & Daves- A custom creation from the minds of…well, a couple of Daves of Drinks & Daves YouTube fame. Their olefacory vision was that of a scent that is evocative of a cozy lounge where fine cigars and spirits are enjoyed. Come on in and have a seat, there’s a leather chair with your name on it. Grab a cedar stick to light your fresh cigar and don’t forget the Scitch Whisky (Dave prefers Stotch to Bourbon but you’ll find both here) and PUFF-PUFF-PUFF away.

Notes: Leather, Cedar, Fresh Cigars, Charred Cedar & Cigar Smoke, Scotch Whisky

*LIMITED EDITION Scent available in Tonic and Soap.

That scent profile only makes too much sense! Nice!

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Titanium Avenger
Blade: Personna Injector (D4)
Brush: Savile Row 3126 Tortoise
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Krampert's Acadian Spice Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Krampert's Acadian Spice Bay Rum

Thu 14
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Titan ACRM-2
My favorite soap & matching splash....smelling wonderful!
Managed to get this razor's edge to my satisfaction using the full diamond balsa progression and finished on the HBA resulting in a nice singing blade during the shave...
20231214_091556.jpg

14 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back to D.R. Harris and their "Windsor" shave cream. Wonderful scent and lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue AS and Creed GIT EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

D.R. Harris "Windsor" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Creed "Green Irish Tweed" EdP

IMG_3713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back