The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - 12/6/2023

Barrister and Mann Vespers
Shave It Shave Co. Monster “Bumblebee” with a Muhle R89 Head
Il Marchese Elitario SHD 30 Two Band from The Wet Shaving Store

From the B&M Website:
Every year, the Christmas Market of Goslar, Germany opens in late November to international acclaim. Arguably the most famous Christmas Market in the world, the idyllic setting and beautiful forest of lit fir trees have captured the imaginations of artists and dreamers alike for hundreds of years.

Barrister and Mann is proud to be among them.

Vespers is the product of a specific picture, the image of a quaint mountain town in late December, snow falling gently on the peaked roofs, lights twinkling in the square. As one of the historic meeting places of Lower Saxony, we felt it necessary to incorporate our legendary version of Mousse de Saxe ("Saxon Moss"), in all its velvety darkness, into any fragrance representative of the village. Onto this we layered cranberry, cardamom, balsam, and a fern accord for a spicy-jammy-forest character. Patchouli, rose, sandalwood, and bergamot round out the rough edges to produce a scent one might expect to waft from a merrymaking hall on a chill evening. Vespers is the ultimate comfort scent for the dark months and we're very excited to release it this winter.
IMG_8655.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: GEM Junior Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
Brush: Brad Sears w Envy White 26mm
Scuttle: Woodhead Medium
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Black Ship Grooming Unscented
Shave Soap: Tims Breakfast of Champions
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

9 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Late post but a great shave to begin the day. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Dolomiti" shave soap. Wonderfully slick lather built with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching after shave lotion.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet /
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion

IMG_3674.jpg

I like this brush handle shape. In the barberpole design, a true beauty.
Thanks. I really enjoy it. I've seen a couple of other Barber Pole striped brushes with a little bit different handle shapes. They all look good to me

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

SOTD - 12/6/2023

Barrister and Mann Vespers
Shave It Shave Co. Monster “Bumblebee” with a Muhle R89 Head
Il Marchese Elitario SHD 30 Two Band from The Wet Shaving Store

From the B&M Website:
Every year, the Christmas Market of Goslar, Germany opens in late November to international acclaim. Arguably the most famous Christmas Market in the world, the idyllic setting and beautiful forest of lit fir trees have captured the imaginations of artists and dreamers alike for hundreds of years.

Barrister and Mann is proud to be among them.

Vespers is the product of a specific picture, the image of a quaint mountain town in late December, snow falling gently on the peaked roofs, lights twinkling in the square. As one of the historic meeting places of Lower Saxony, we felt it necessary to incorporate our legendary version of Mousse de Saxe ("Saxon Moss"), in all its velvety darkness, into any fragrance representative of the village. Onto this we layered cranberry, cardamom, balsam, and a fern accord for a spicy-jammy-forest character. Patchouli, rose, sandalwood, and bergamot round out the rough edges to produce a scent one might expect to waft from a merrymaking hall on a chill evening. Vespers is the ultimate comfort scent for the dark months and we're very excited to release it this winter.
View attachment 123224
Thanks for sharing that. During Vespers this week I bet it will wander through my head [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

10 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Furbo "Orange" shave soap. REALLY impressed with the quality of lather it produced. Very thick and slick. The scent is much closer to original Floid than "Vloid" from Phoenix Shaving, but still not a full-on recreation. Nice though. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and vintage Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Furbo "Orange" Shave Soap / Semogue "Mistura" Badger Boar & Brush / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet /
Alum / Furbo "Orange" After Shave Lotion / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC

IMG_3680.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back