The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Dec. 27- Jan. 2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 January, 2022

Happy New Year Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some believe that it's bad luck to shave on New Year's Day. Luckily for me, I don't pay attention to that sort of lunacy. ;) 😁

However, I do believe that the first shave of the year sets the tone for the entirety of the coming year's shaves. Because of this, I decided to go with a guaranteed good shave. SV's "70th Anniversary" soap and splash made for a wonderful beginning to the new year! Finished with a spray of YSL's "L'Homme" EdT.

Hope you're having a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS "First Lather" / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rose Noir" Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" After Shave Lotion / YSL "L'Homme" EdT

IMG-8058.jpg

1 January, 2022

Happy New Year Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some believe that it's bad luck to shave on New Year's Day. Luckily for me, I don't pay attention to that sort of lunacy. ;)

However, I do believe that the first shave of the year sets the tone for the entirety of the coming year's shaves. Because of this, I decided to go with a guaranteed good shave. SV's "70th Anniversary" soap and splash made for a wonderful beginning to the new year! Finished with a spray of YSL's "L'Homme" EdT.

Hope you're having a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS "First Lather" / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rose Noir" Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" After Shave Lotion / YSL "L'Homme" EdT

View attachment 71961
I made my first shave of the new year kinda special too. New razor, brush, soap and aftershave .

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Sun 2 SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone 6th use
Blade Feather ProGuard 10th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Very nice cream with a pleasant scent and a truly creamy slick lather...
Another excellent shave with the razor paired with the well-used blade. Easy and smooth in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish with 2 micro red spots. Aftershaves were awesomely cold!
20220102_101616.jpg

Attachments

• 20220102_101616.jpg
    20220102_101616.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3
Merkur HD 34C
Dollar General SS (2)
Semogue Pharos-C3 Horse, 21mm

Stirling Unscented With Beeswax Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm

My eczema has decided to go on a rampage so I'm being cautious with the products for a day or two to see if it helps.

Have a great day everyone
9900d16c58f89d2d20720485436abf58.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD: 01/02/2022

1641139469822.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Central Texas Soaps Cowboy Spice Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Cassell-Massey Jockey Club EdT

Sunday AM 2022-01-02
Charles Douglass (inventor of the TV laugh track) birthday, 1910
2Rycfk1.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

A great 'summer' shave on a grey winter day. The cream, although dried, made wonderful lather with a scent that for me is second only to custom Ethos Honeysuckle among the florals. The razor head and handle are my favorite combination, with perfect weight and balance.
ovION0J.jpg

2 January, 2022

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Late post today. On call and we had 80° yesterday with severe storms and tornadoes and today we're under a Winter Storm Warning! 😲 Crazy!

Great shave today though. First use of the Stirling "Lemon Lavender Mint" soap and it was fantastic! What a great scent! Soap and matching splash and I finished with a spray of Burberry London.

Hope you have a great evening. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Lavender Mint" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Gold Coast" Synth
PAA SS META-4 Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Lavender Mint" After Shave Splash / Burberry London for Men EdT

IMG-8064.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back