The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Dec. 27- Jan. 2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying out another new one today. I was surprised how much product I needed. I reloaded for every pass. Excellent fragrance and good slickness. Lather was a touch thin, but I'd guess that just more product will fix that. Seems like a bowl lather cream.

True Religion was a good match with Aqua Velva.

Razor: Simmons Hardware Number 8 Special
Brush: Yaqi 26mm D20
Cream: Caswell-Massey Newport
Splash: Aqua Velva
Scent: True Religion

View attachment 71559
The cologne your son bought you has a cool bottle!

28 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with Murphy and McNeil's Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 soap and splash. Great lather produced by the Aon base and the scent if fantastic (homage to Tom Ford for Men). Three passes for a DFS++ result. Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 2" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Talisman" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 2" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT

IMG-8021.jpg

SOTD: 12/28/2021

1640712088439.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Company Ambassador
Blade: Derby Extra Premium, 1st use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice Puck
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm

Tuesday AM 2021-12-28
Benjamin Franklin's 'Poor Richard's Almanac' was first published on this date, 1732
ZAbUDR0.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Eufros Fougère shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (11)
Floid Blue aftershave
yb6QDcU.jpg

Merkur HD 34C
Dollar General SS (1)
RazoRock 24-Barrel Tuxedo Plissoft

Proraso Green Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Have a great day everyone
ff224592fca8362c921a4be656bf667f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Wed 29 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 9th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Just a great & reliable cream. Easily whipped-up with the nice brush into a rich, creamy, and very slick lather with a pleasant scent and cooling sensation...
Another excellent shave with the razor paired with this blade! Still silky smooth and efficient, just gotta take it abit slow.
3passes for a mostly bbs result. Aftershaves were just absolutely chilling!
20211229_093954.jpg

29 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. First use of Asylum Levante, a new Spanish-made, triple-milled hard soap from BullGoose Shaving. Great slip and cushion. Soap was a bit thirsty. Scent is a light citrusy, herbal, floral. Post shave face-feel was fantastic, likely due to the shea butter. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Mandom ASL (+ skin food) and a spray of Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

"Asylum Levante" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super iridium
Alum / "Mandom" After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT

IMG-8031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back