The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Mitchell's Wool Fat with its nice, clean, soapy, powdery fragrance and excellent lather built with the new Wild West Brushworks "Mint Chip" ST Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Epsilon "Amber" after shave splash and Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT. There's something abut the combination of MWF and Floid (dupe in this case but extremely similar) that just goes together for me and "Sartorial" was the perfect cherry on top.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Wild West Brush Works "Mint Chip" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash / Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT

IMG-2836.jpg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L2
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D7)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Verde
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Italiana

Sun 6
Soap & Aftershave Arko & Old Spice
Brush Yaqi 28mm Mellon
Razor Marshes & Shepherd Ponds Works, Sheffield
Ever-reliable lather from this soap stick is perfect for straight shaving...
The razor is absolutely brilliant. Stropped on the roo leather...the edge was buttery smooth...
20230806_115841.jpg

6 August 2023
IMG_0995.jpeg
Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 15th use
Brush: Plisson Boule Blanc Européen Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Evil Cube Soap
Soap: The Holy Black Coconut Creeper Croap
Aftershave: Murray & Lanman Florida Water Cologne
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

6 August, 2023

Great shave this morning. Went back to Trumper's "Lime" shave cream. Excellent scent and lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70" and I finished with Pinaud "Lime Sec" & Trumper's "Lime" skin food.

Trumper's "Lime" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST Badger / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud "Lime Sec" EdC / Trumper's "Lime" Skin Food

IMG-2849.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Colonial Razors The General
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Vie-Long 13061 Horsehair 24mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

6 August, 2023

Great shave this morning. Went back to Trumper's "Lime" shave cream. Excellent scent and lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70" and I finished with Pinaud "Lime Sec" & Trumper's "Lime" skin food.

Trumper's "Lime" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST Badger / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud "Lime Sec" EdC / Trumper's "Lime" Skin Food

View attachment 116436
This shave would be like comfort food for me. Everything is wonderful.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

7 August, 2023

Great shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their "4711" homage, "11235". I've stated before that this is an excellent dupe with a superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" Sweet Spot Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with "4711" after shave splash and EdC. Great summer scent!

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Wild West Brush Works "Belfour" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Muelhens "4711" After Shave Splash / Muelhens "4711" EdC

IMG-2857.jpg

Last edited:
What is going on in here? I look at today’s shaves and I see someone who is clearly shaving with a blade that has to be worn smooth at this point followed by someone that’s on the verge of signing up for dollar shave club. 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back