The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
April SOTD featuring a great Etsy find...Cloud Shave
IMG_7828.jpg

Razor: Stirling Soap Company Stainless Steel w/Dallas Handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp
Brush: Cyclotrode X by Phoenix Shaving
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Pre-Shave: Phoenix Shaving Hinoki and Sage Cube 2.0
Shave Soap: Cloud Shave Cigar Smoke
Aftershave: Cloud Shave Cigar Smoke
Talc: Sandalwood by Taylor of Old Bond Street

Fragrance: Jasmine Tobacco by Smell Bent

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium Predator
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D1)
Brush: Nathan Clark-Envy 28mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

I didn't know there was a coconut version of Creeper. Ruby Red and Red Creeper are a nice refreshing scent.
Yeah, Coconut Creeper is great. One time they released a half dozen or so Creepers all at once. Of course they sell out in minutes. Such as it goes with THB.

29 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Very nice shave this morning. Nothing fancy, just great products which gave great results. Super slick lather from the ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" shave soap, built with the Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70", and I finished with Alt-Innsbruck EdC.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Shave Soap / Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-Band select Badger Brush
RazoRock "Mamba 70" / Wizamet / Alum / Alt-Innsbruck EdC

IMG_4654.jpg

29 April 2024
IMG_4935.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 1st use
Brush: Wald Delphi Pigeon A1 Fan
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi Croap
Balm: Ethos Unscented Skin Food Lotion
Fragrance: Creed Original Vétiver EdP

29 April, 2024

Very nice shave this morning. Nothing fancy, just great products which gave great results. Super slick lather from the ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" shave soap, built with the Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70", and I finished with Alt-Innsbruck EdC.

That Alt-Innsbruck EdC looks interesting. What's the scent like?

28 April, 2024

Wonderful shave this morning. New soap / splash day with the arrival of Phoenix Shaving's new "The Watcher" yesterday. An homage to Yardley's "Black Label" line. Now I've never tried the original so I can't speak to its accuracy, but this has a nice, Old School vibe to it which is right in my wheelhouse. Nice, powdery, spicy, woody scent with extremely slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Bisbee" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 50's Schick injector, and I finished the matching splash mixed with my personal blend of witch hazel tonic, hyaluronic acid serum & a few drops of ETHOS Reméde serum.

PAA "The Watcher" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Sweet Spot Badger Brush
50's Schick Injector / Alum / PAA "The Watcher" After Shave Splash

View attachment 130501
Love the Watcher, have the complete set PAA offers. Suppose to be a dupe of Yardley Black. It foes smell like the scent my grandfather used. But never knew what that was until now. Found some Yardley Black on ebay. Pretty close. Almost exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back