The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fendrihan DE CC Head
WCS 88-BR Brass Handle
Personna Platinum Blade (1)
WCS Synth Brush 26/56

Talbot Shaving Wilde Flowers Soap

Paul Sebastian Aftershave Splash
f5d9a03230ca8a6b9d1e98e42cdc767a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

2 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave to this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Oud Spice" soap and splash set. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy, and I finished with the matching AS and Czech & Speake "Frankincense & Myrrh" EdC.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "Oud Spice" Shave Soap / Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Platinum / Alum / PAA "Oud Spice" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Frankincense & Myrrh" EdC

IMG_4476.jpg

Birthday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Rhodium Gillette Toggle (S5)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Semogue Shave Nook Final Edition 26.5mm
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Cream: Antica Barbieria Colla
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Happy belated birthday. (y)

1000011909.jpg

#sotd

Let's open the books on this shave:
Preshave - Hot Shower
Brush/Bowl/Trifecta- Hendrix Classics & Co. Awesome Blue Brush/Gunmetal Grey/ Algorithm ( The Wet Shaving Store ShaveTech )
Razor -- Gillette Blue Tip

From the HC&C Website: Experience the epitome of grooming excellence with Algorithm by Hendrix Classics for The Shave Tech Show. Elevate your shaving routine to new heights of sophistication and style, embodying the essence of Armani Code. Unleash the power of Algorithm and embrace a grooming journey like no other, curated by the combined expertise of The Shave Tech Show hosts and Hendrix Classics.

My Thoughts: outstanding.. It's a light scent, I picked up on the citrus and lavender immediately, I also thought there was some vanilla, along with the Cedarwood. The soap lathered up very quickly and provided a yogurt looking lather that was nice feeling to the skin and led to a BBS enjoyable shave !
The splash had the same if not a better smell and felt good when applying. The EdP is long lasting. and great smelling.

View attachment 129256

#sotd

Let's open the books on this shave:
Preshave - Hot Shower
Brush/Bowl/Trifecta- Hendrix Classics & Co. Awesome Blue Brush/Gunmetal Grey/ Algorithm ( The Wet Shaving Store ShaveTech )
Razor -- Gillette Blue Tip

From the HC&C Website: Experience the epitome of grooming excellence with Algorithm by Hendrix Classics for The Shave Tech Show. Elevate your shaving routine to new heights of sophistication and style, embodying the essence of Armani Code. Unleash the power of Algorithm and embrace a grooming journey like no other, curated by the combined expertise of The Shave Tech Show hosts and Hendrix Classics.

My Thoughts: outstanding.. It's a light scent, I picked up on the citrus and lavender immediately, I also thought there was some vanilla, along with the Cedarwood. The soap lathered up very quickly and provided a yogurt looking lather that was nice feeling to the skin and led to a BBS enjoyable shave !
The splash had the same if not a better smell and felt good when applying. The EdP is long lasting. and great smelling.

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Rhodium Gillette Toggle (S5)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D3)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 LE Badger\Boar
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5" Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Cream: Penhaligon`s Sartorial
Butter: MdC Huile Végétale Camomille
Aftershave: Penhaligon`s Sartorial

Status