The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 8 - 14 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 13th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars New 1st Use!
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade KAI 5th (Mysterious KAI Blades PIF Participation)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
New cigar soap! From the tub...too mild but can detect something aromatic. The actual scent only comes out during lathering and ohhh my..very nice...aromatic cigar scent..though abit too mild for my nose. Struggled to get more... the performance was good.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok. Mostly smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result without any issues. The light cigarish scent remains after rinsing...very nice. Wish I had gotten the balm too so the scent can last longer...
20210312_200453.jpg

20210313_080323.jpg

Razor: O.R.E.N.
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Switchback 400w Gelousy fan
Soap: Fine Platinum
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
EDP: Mancera Cedrat Boise

JtJG7Hll.jpg

Mar.13: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(6) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Even with 2 years after purchase, the Captain's Choice Lime balm hits the face with a wonderful , light scent. By the time I am done dressing, my nose is accustomed to it but the skin benefits continue nonetheless.

Workout-wise, rather than alternate the bench press and dumbbell rows per day, I did both today and will try to continue is this vein.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lbs farmer's walk
- 3x7 @ 70lb bench press
- 3x7x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

DRAGONS BLOOD!! I have been waiting for this for a month and wanted to save it for a day that I would spend with the wife (as it is her favorite). No complaints, BBS.

Razor: Shumate Pacemaker (4)
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia badger
Soap: CBL Fusion Dragons Blood
Splash: CBL Tonic, Dragons Blood

20210313_093228.jpg

20210313_102452.jpg

What did you think of Fine's new soap?
So far I'd say it's pretty comparable to their previous version, but a bit less in slickness and post shave. I'd have to use it a few more times to get a better read on it though.

3-13-2021
First shave with the new Stirling Soap CO SS razor. This is the standard plate on the Austin handle. Very smooth and efficient razor. IMO, even the standard plate is more efficient than the Rockwell 6S using the 6 plate with much more blade feel. For those who enjoy blade feel this is a must have.
6D1D15D7-9697-4045-AD77-B7931AFD225D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back