The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 7 June - 13 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

“TSC’s Happy Hogan”
Veteran
Looks like @celestino is MIA this morning so I'll take the initiative and start a new SOTD Thread

7 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave today! Great scent and performance from the Zingari Soap and splash. Nice and dark spice / rose scent with a touch of woods. Finished with a spray of Creed's Royal Mayfair EdP to brighten it up a little. Great start to the week!

Hope you have a great day! :) 🌹

Proraso Preshave Cream / Zingari Man "No. 1" LE Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Mistura Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Zingari Man "No. 1" After Shave Balm / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG-6430.jpg

Monday AM 2021-06-07
Paul Gauguin birthday, 1848
j3RIilU.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Polsilver Super Iridium (8)
RazoRock XXX aftershave

HmNbcAQ.jpg

Micromatic Mon 7 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis New & 1st Use
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 7th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice enough soap. Mild pleasant scent but creamy and slick lather. This new synthetic brush is different. The bristles are not as soft and it feels stiffer...more back-bone more scritches. I like it...at least it's different from other Yaqi synthetics.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was another nice, smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Good aftershaves.
20210607_120559.jpg
Tue 8 SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 19th Use.
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
Stirling soaps are truly awesome and this is no exception. Love the aromatic scent and enjoyed the gorgeous creamy slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, still smooth, comfortable & efficient enough but just not as silky when new. Managed 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but suffered 1 unexpected weeper. Aftershaves were excellent with the balm prolonging the lovely aroma.
20210608_092405.jpg

8 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. "Beachy Barbershop" vibe for today's shave. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations". Great, slick lather from the soap with nice cushion and post-shave face feel. Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and solid cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet / Alum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Solid Cologne

IMG-6435.jpg

Tuesday AM 2021-06-08
Parking meter invented on this date, 1936
49s5T3x.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (9)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

The cream made fantastic lather once again. The H&S razor head feels like I am holding a big wooden mallet in my hand, but it gives me an excellent close shave. And the balm is one of the few that I really like; it's a shame it is no longer made.
vzoHdEA.jpg

Wed 9 BOTR SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P SB
Blade Bluebird Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Awesome quality from the cream. Pleasant scent, very easy to create a creamy and super slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with this favorite blade was awesome as well. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs glass feel finish. Cooling aftershaves were excellent on this oven-hot day as I will be working directly under the sun for most of the day...
20210609_071457.jpg

9 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful evening.

Great shave today. Fine's "Lavender Pour Homme" is an exact match for Czech & Speake's "Oxford & Cambridge" cologne, my favorite masculine lavender. Soap, matching splash (plus skin food) and a spray of O&C cologne and I'm ready to face the day!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" Shave Soap / Green Light Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" Splash + H.A.S. + Ethos Revitalizing Serum / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG-6448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back