The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 7 - 13 December 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 December 2020
EverReady 1924 Shovel Head / GEM PTFE
Graydog Tucson Cholla / Maggards SHD Badger
CBL Hombres Barber Shop Shave Soap
CBL Hombres Barber Shop Apothecary Aftershave Tonic
CFG Ghost Town Barber EdP

sX3rPky.jpg

Have a Marvelous Monday

Mon 7th SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 3rd use
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
TGS Abysso
Re-use yesterday's dried-up lather. Able to revive into a beautifully thick, creamy, and slick lather...awesome!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable. Able to do 3 multiple passes for a between bbs to dfs result but at the expense of 2 weepers. Excellent shave including post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201207_121336.jpg

7th December 2020 AEST

IMG-20201207-180551.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm tuxedo
Razor: Rocca V4 R95
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (1)
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
Pre: Shower // PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre shave soap
Post: AP Reserve Passione A/S splash // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

What a smurfing great shave today. I had a plan to return to the lime, but a smurf of a gent saw fit to drop something else in my lap. The lather delivered smurfly slickness and a potent aroma to be smurfing sure. BBS and some odd aftersmurf effects.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Timbersmurf
Soap: CBL Premium Blueberry Muffin
Splash: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

20201207_053905.jpg

20201207_054125.jpg

7 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

The countdown continues! 25 days until we put the "Year of Suck" behind us!!

Great shave today!Three pass shave. No touch up, just WTG, XTG and AGT..The results were what they were and you know what, with the exception of a small area on my lower neck, it was a fantastic BBS shave!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Master Barber "Barbiere Vichingo" Shave Soap / Semogue 830 / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" Aftershave Balm / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-4943.jpg

88B368DD-9D5D-4F40-A230-B23F98FDFCBF.jpeg
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 7, 2020

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Modified French Point 13/16 (Mug), Occam’s DE from Classic Shaving
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).

Monday AM 2020-12-07
National Letter Writing Day
PzTJIk7.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme soft shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Schick Plus Platinum (9)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme splash

Another great shave. The brush was perfect for the soap, making thick, rich, fragrant lather. This was my first use of the H&S 17-4, which gave me excellent auditory feedback just like the titanium version but a bit smoother, almost as smooth as the Paradigm 17-4, providing a very easy 3-pass BBS shave. The razor head mated perfectly with the Triad handle. My only wish is that Frank made a lavender EdP or EdT to go with the splash.
JynbysE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back