The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 4 - 10 January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra time on the weekend means I can enjoy a slower shave. After 40 laps on the auto-stop I took the Rolls out for a spin. A bit of razor burn, but no crimson, ending in a BBS.

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial #2
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm
Cream: AoS Sandalwood
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: AoS Sandalwood

20210109_092121.jpg

20210109_101227.jpg

09 January 2021 SOTD... Because sometimes we need to remind ourselves where we came from.

Gillette Sensor
Gillette Foamy
Skin Bracer

433599a650b14d8082bee54349263a0c.jpg

P.S.

I can’t use Skin Bracer anymore without being reminded of Jack Palance. Very under appreciated actor in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD January 9th
F.W. Soderen Eskilstuna
Heirloom Razor Strop Co. - Horsehide
CaYuen Workshop - 26mm Two Band Badger Abalone
The Club - Tibetan Temple Kaizen 2 Soap and Splash
Speechless but I have one question.
How does this soap manage to hold a gallon of water on my face yet disappear instantly when water hits the blade to rinse?
Peter must be an alien.

FWSoderenTibetanK2Band (1).jpg

Weekend Shaves

IMG-20210110-103150.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Fan
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood
Post: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood A/S Splash // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Not the biggest fan of this scent as its too earthy for my liking but the base works well with sublime lather produced by the badger knot. Shave wise this was first attempt using a Wizamet in this razor and although smooth there was significant blade feel that I have yet to experience when using this mild razor?
Not really noticing any dramatic difference to my skin since using the Hyaluronic Acid except it feels sticky but dries well and leaves head looking shiny.
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

9 January, 2021

Wow! What a great day out with the wife. It's only a little after 9pm and I'm fighting to stay awake and post this. LOL! So I'm gonna make it quick and go to bed. :sleep:

Catie's Bubbles "A Midnight Dreary" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette SIlver Blue / Alum / Ducke Cannon "Ice Cold" ASB / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-5185.jpg

Sun 10th SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather from the soft soap. The scent really comes out during lathering. The performance was ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok too. Reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes except for atg on chin and lips but no nicks nor weepers for a dfs to ccs result. Time's up for the blade. Rating 9.3/10
20210110_121503.jpg

Need to get in the good smells before the Feb Willy 3017.

Razor: Twig
Blade: Nacet (4)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm
Soap: CBL Fusion X Dragons Blood
Splash: CBL Apothecary Tonic Dragons Blood

20210110_101840.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-01-10
National Save the Eagles Day
nvDNnsj.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Posilver Super Iridium (1)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

Wow. The copper razor may have been slightly smoother than the 17-4 version, even with a brand new blade. Of course the great shaving soap helped.
HQXaeSv.jpg

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior 1949-52
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Paragon Shaving BLS-1 - 25mm *Muhle Rytmo style knot
Lather: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Noir

Status
Not open for further replies.