The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 31 May - 6 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Shaver: Gillette FatBoy G-2 1961
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock black
Preshave: Maggard Razor Sweet Orange
Soap: William's Menthol
Brush: Mac Metalworks
Post shave: PAA alum block, Stirling unscented mentholated witch hazel, Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave and The Shaven Sailor beard oil.
IMG_20210531_TT.jpg

2 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. The Murphy & McNeil soaps are rapidly ascending to the top of my fave soap list. Great lather, great scent and great post-shave face feel. Two passes were all that was needed today. The Karve is a very efficient razor. Finished with a splash of Ginger's Garden "Private Reserve" and a spray of Creed Original Santal EdP.

Hope you have a great day.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Murphy & McNeil "Ouroboros" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro Handle Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Private Reserve" Aftershave Splash / Creed "Original Santal" EdP

IMG-6376.jpg

Wednesday AM 2021-06-02
International Consultants Day
BguTHxZ.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence Oil Hydrosol + Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes
Wilkinson Bonded System (7)
Floid Blue aftershave
26qxgHs.jpg

Thu 3 SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe & Lavender
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 6th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Superb lather from the soap! Calming scent, thickly creamy and slick lather...very enjoyable!
Shave with razor paired with the blade (still in the Astra blade challenge) was good, reasonably smooth but efficiency is abit less compared to yesterday's blade. Managed 3passes without any issues for a between bbs and dfs result. Good aftershaves as usual.
20210603_134542.jpg

3 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Noisy morning around here today. Had a line of storms roll through right about the time I awoke. Lots of lightning and thunder! 🌩️

Great shave this morning! Try as I might I just couldn't wait to take the new razor for a spin. So I popped in a fresh Wizamet and used it this morning. Great shaver. A little on the mild side but that's known with this razor. However I find that with good prep and proper technique, you can get a BBS shave from just about any razor. And today was just that, three passes of BBS bliss! Great lather from the B&M "Citricuya" soap. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Seazone" After Shave (plus skin foods) and a spray of Creed "Virgin Island Water" (sample I ordered to compare to Stirling's "Island Man" and it's really damn close!).

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Avon "Seazone" After Shave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP

IMG-6381.jpg

Thursday AM 2021-06-03
National Greyhound Day
6Pnu4Nb.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Eufros Sirio shaving soap (tallow) (sample - sandalwood, violet)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Floris Santal aftershave

The Siro soap made a good lather with a light scent that I liked, but I don't see it replacing any of my regulars.
LSNJGaA.jpg

Fri 4 SOTD
Soap CBL Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Lather from the soap just able to do the job. Very light scent and just enough slickness...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok too. Good enough in 3passes for a dfs++ result with 1 minor weeper. Blade did not feel as smooth nor efficient. Aftershaves were good.
20210603_202103.jpg20210604_093420.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back