The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 30 August - 5 September 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 30 SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 13th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
No nonsense good quality lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was reasonably ok. While still smooth but definitely less efficient. Managed 3passes for a ccs to sas result and 1 tiny bump removed. The splash is really kinda mild...
20210830_095522.jpg

30 August, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Fantastic shave today! I observed "No-Shave Sunday" yesterday so that means today's shave was especially nice! Got in Frank's / @Dragonsbeard new soap in the new F Base (F for "firm") and, as with all Frank's wares, I was blown away by the scent and performance. Three passes for a DFS+ result. Finished with a splash of Frank's "Clean" skin food splash with a little RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" AS mixed in and a spray of Versace "Eros" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash + RR "Essential Oil of Lime" AS / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-7050.jpg

Monday 08.30.21 SOTD
Barbaros TR-2 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Fan
Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap & Aftershave

wHh6YvL.jpg

Monday AM 2021-08-30
National Slinky Day
E9Js89C.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Jewel Sheffield Super Stainless Steel (3)
Yacht Club International aftershave

The blade was slightly smoother this morning, probably because of the Paradigm head. The cream and aftershave were excellent.
5L8TR1P.jpg

Tue 31 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Henckels Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Proraso Green Splash
Awesome soap! The intoxicating scent, icy feel with nice creamy and slick lather...wow!
I am loving this extra hollow razor more by the shaves....initially don't like it due to tugging, chattering, and skipping. Now the edge is really keen and yet very smooth...wow! Today's 3passes resulted in my best ever finish...between dfs to bbs...awesome!!! At a small price of 3 micro red spots...not bad at all. The shaved area feels so smooth.....

20210831_120322.jpg

Wowzers I had forgotten how crazy sharp and smooth this razor is. Wonderful BBS today.

Razor: K.W. Company #9827
Brush: Fine 24mm Synth
Soap: Shaveline NBD "Obsession"
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: CK Obsession
Scent: CK Obsession

20210831_040319.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back