The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 28 June - 4 July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 28 SR/SE SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor 1 GD 208 2nd Use
Razor 2 Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
The soap smells great upon opening the lid...missed it. Qualities were good too...creamy and slick. The star is the brush...wow!! Softest badger knot in my den!! Incredibly soft and feels so good for face lathering...
Shave with the GD again but this time not as good, although no incident but just unable to remove whiskers at trouble areas efficiently. Perhaps my skill is insufficient as yet...and thus use the AC razor as clean-up. 2 passes with the GD and last atg with the AC. Good practice using the straight anyway. Aftershaves were nice...the bayrum sure is strong.
20210628_145526.jpg

Shave of the Week Starting 28 June 2021

Yintal razor
Voshkod blade
FS Silver Tip brush
Viking "Citron" SS
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Assorted A/S

Recently got the Yintal and my first go around with it was great. Thought I'd give is another shot to be sure the first time wasn't a fluke. It wasn't. This is a great razor for me and got a 2 pass DFS+ with ease. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.shave2.jpg

28 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning. Observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice! Went with Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime which is a fantastic summer scent. Matching soap and splash and a spray of Stirling's "Island Man" EdT and I'm ready to be on a beach! :cool:🌴🥥🏖️

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Seaforth! "Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / RazoRock Lupo 72
Polsilver S.I. / Alum / Seaforth! "Sea Spice Lime" After Shave Toner / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-6588.jpg

Does Myrsol blue have a similar scent profile to Floid Blue, Epsilon Mediterranean Blue, and Aqua Velva?

I have never used Floid Blue. I have and use both Epsilon Mediterranean Blue and Myrsol Blue after shaves. Let me first say YMMV. I enjoy both Epsilon and Myrsol. To me they are fresh, citrusy, light menthol, and smell like all the good things I remember from Spring/Summers gone by. Light aquatic too. Similar to Aqua Velva blue too.

The way I landed on Myrsol was a Q Brothers video. They're related to Smallflower/Merz Apothecary and pretty hilarious during the video. Their assessments influenced me to buy several of the Myrsol splashes; the ones I still have and use and will re-buy are Myrsol Blue and Myrsol Agua de Limon.

So, back to the blues. The ones I use currently, enjoy, and will re-purchase are Epsilon and Myrsol blue. Hope that helps!!

I have never used Floid Blue. I have and use both Epsilon Mediterranean Blue and Myrsol Blue after shaves. Let me first say YMMV. I enjoy both Epsilon and Myrsol. To me they are fresh, citrusy, light menthol, and smell like all the good things I remember from Spring/Summers gone by. Light aquatic too. Similar to Aqua Velva blue too.

The way I landed on Myrsol was a Q Brothers video. They're related to Smallflower/Merz Apothecary and pretty hilarious during the video. Their assessments influenced me to buy several of the Myrsol splashes; the ones I still have and use and will re-buy are Myrsol Blue and Myrsol Agua de Limon.

So, back to the blues. The ones I use currently, enjoy, and will re-purchase are Epsilon and Myrsol blue. Hope that helps!!

Found the video! Enjoy!! Oh, yeah, the finger grooves are cool. I think it would be hard to drop their bottles, even with slippery hands. :unsure:

Found the video! Enjoy!!

The company Small Flower sounded familiar then I realized they often come up when I do Google searches for fragrances- I will have to make sure to throw some business their way - they often have really competitive prices!

28 June 2022 SOTN

Murphy & McNeil Infinitus Cypress
RazoRock Lupo 72
Omega Evo

df0d3eb2be702536b4f1a127eaa8afcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue 29 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 9th Use
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Awesome lather from the soap. Good scent, creamy and slick lather too...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was acceptable in 3passes for a dfs to sas result. Forgotten to strop the blade and the atg pass was difficult...hahaha. No nicks, weepers nor irritation.
20210629_140904.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back