The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 26 July - August 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 1st SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Reuzel Wood & Spice.
Consistently good lather from Stirling soaps and this was no exception...nicely creamy, slick, and coooold!
This would be the 4th shave with this razor with a jnat edge but the 2nd after the pasted balsa strop. It was a good enjoyable 3+1passes for a better result of dfs to ccs instead of sas. The edge felt smooth and was able to comfortably cut more efficiently. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210730_211050.jpg20210801_120802.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-08-01
London Bridge opened on this date, 1831
CTOChrT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH3
Wilkinson London Bridge (10)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

The shaving cream makes wonderful lather, and the Canoe aftershave has an excellent powdery barbershop scent that matches well to that of the cream.
qDoMc1V.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-08-01
London Bridge opened on this date, 1831
CTOChrT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH3
Wilkinson London Bridge (10)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

The shaving cream makes wonderful lather, and the Canoe aftershave has an excellent powdery barbershop scent that matches well to that of the cream.
qDoMc1V.jpg
Dig your mug!

1 August, 2021

Proraso Preshave Cream / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Li'l Brudder" Synth
PAA SS "META-4" / KAI / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

IMG-6811.jpg

I have used the Arko/Aqua Velva combo. More than any other since I have been wet shaving. It's still on of my favorites too.

Today I added some of Stirling's Frost Drops to my brush, before I face lathered it up. Made for a nice cooling shave.

20210801_192840_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back